Closed Thread

Reload Thread: sound deading alternatives

nismboy6986 is offline the **** technician

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sound deading alternatives

i have heard that u can use peel and seel as a sound deading material but i wanted to know can this stuff called "Kool Seal" can also be used as a alternative. The reason why i am asking is because my father has a 5 gallon bucket of it siting in our storage house and it can be quite useful to fix some rattling problems i have.

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What is the exact model?

I know they make Elastometric and Aluminum roof coatings...plus a bunch of patching products.

Keep in mind to use something asphalt based. I know one of the Aluminum line's has a product that is asphalt based...model 20-400 or something like that.

I would think that rubberized stuff in the bucket would make a big mess in your car and slop down to the bottom of every panel if it didnt stick.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

nismboy6986 is offline the **** technician

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i just looked at it again its called "Sta-Kool" and its a elastomeric coating.

ramos is offline Still learning

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It will work, but as steve said it will be messy. And you will have to do several coats to vertical surfaces. There is also the smell factor. Most roofing materials and sealers. Are for outside. So nothing has been done about the smell. The stuff reaks

5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

Closed Thread