Closed Thread

Reload Thread: the mysterious Mr. airleek

d audio 450 is offline Registered User

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the mysterious Mr. airleek

ok folks- i finished my box...this thing has so much silicone sealing its not even funny....im figuring the leak must be around the gasket of the sub- i used 1/4" thick weather strip sealant around the sub because when i drilled it in and didnt use it- i had a very large Mr. airleek. I also decided not to bother with a pair of terminals for my sub cuz im lazy- so i drilled a hole that allows my speaker wire to fit through snuggly- oh, and i sealed that up reeeeeeal good too with the silicone. i loaded this box up reeeeal good with dampening...even though its sealed...and i dunno if it even does anything in a sealed box- but anyway- i apply pressure on the cone, let go, and the sub comes back out real slow.....this is an airleak right? or could this be from so much dampening or something??? thanks for any help or advice...
    -pat

nswartley is offline Down and out...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sounds like an airleak to me. check time and time again. when you hook the sub up you should be able to tell where it's coming from.

-nate

mgaidica is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    u could try painting the inside with fiberglass resin, but that might cost more than a new box. I've made a lot of sealed enclosures, but never really played with the cone, although i just played with a 15" L7's one in a sealed box, and it was sealed, cause i made it and I KNOW, ha, but the cone didnt want to move really and wanted to stay at its resting possition.

2x JBL 1200.1 for sale...

AIM- Mgaidica

Closed Thread