Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: SPL Box

Mr_T is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SPL Box

I need to make a new box,
    my old box is 5^ft and the port is 70 square inches and 13 long and it is tuned to 45hz.

this box was made for SQ. I am using one 15 and it hits on average 141db in a sq box so I would love to hear it in a spl box.

the sub is a DD9515e

any ideas would be awesome

Trixter is offline Keepin it Simple

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would say a box tuned that high is a SPL box. Most SQ boxes are tuned around the high 20's to low 30's.

2006 Jeep Liberty
    Adire Audio, Cadence, Clarion, MB Quart

Lv = [(14630000 x R^2) / (Fb^2 x Vb)] - 1.463R
    *Vb = vol. in cu"
    **R = sq.rt. A / Pi (for square/slot port)

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    6-7 cubes...tuned higher, around 45 - 55hz or so.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Mr_T is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've hurd that the 9515 peak box size is 15^ft after that it won't get any louder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What vehicle are you using for this? And how much room are you willing to give up?

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Mr_T is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am driving a 1989 ford thunderbird and am willing to give up everything behind the driver and passenger seats including the trunk.

I already have torn everything out and have a 5^ft box(with pics) there but it's just not hitting loud enough.

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i would say if you got room, build around a 9-11cuft box ported to 50-56hz depending on the res. frequency of your car. you will slam out some nice #'s that way. also, how much power you feeding that sucker?

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How much power do you have running yours?

5.00^ft (1) 15"(2) 12"(3) 10" 75.00 sq" vent x 13" long tunes to 45Hz (is what DD is recommends for a high efficient 15".

Personally, I would go with something around 7-10 cubes.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

Mr_T is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    5.00^ft (1) 15"(2) 12"(3) 10" 75.00 sq" vent x 13" long tunes to 45Hz (is what DD is recommends for a high efficient 15".

that is the same desing I followed

I have 2 sony 1200 class d's
    1 on each voice coil
    my voice coiles are 2ohm each

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Mr_T

that is the same desing I followed

I have 2 sony 1200 class d's
    1 on each voice coil
    my voice coiles are 2ohm each
    OMG your running Sony on DD?? unless that is the modile ES than sheesh dude there is your problem. your getting like 800rms to that sub total tops.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"

Mr_T is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sony's CHEAP
    and if I could affored it I would buy the Viper 2500D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sony's CHEAP
    and if I could affored it I would buy the Viper 2500D
    well there is your answer my man your sending that sub around 400 per coil. you spent at least 400 on the pair unless you got a hell of deal am i right??? man that's pathetic no offense but your running a Serious SPL hungry mad as hell wanting more power than most can feed it woofer and your running sony?? the saying goes your system is only as good as 2 things 1) your equipment and 2)your knowledge. i would say get new amps before you re-do the box man. how much do you have to spend i can promise you there is a 1ohm stable amp out there that will better serve your purposes. hell if you can afford 285 get yourself a American Bass Cx 1200D 1ohm 1200watts stackable so you can get a 2nd one and strap em together and give that thing close to 2.5kw or more if you have a 240+alternator.

adam

Mr_T is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    and where might I find a place to look at stats/orders these strapable amps

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.americanbassusa.com/ is their homepage...

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    what's your price range??

adam

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast