Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Enclosure help on ports.

boomzilla is offline Got 'Roids?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Enclosure help on ports.

i just got a design from unrated, but i had a question on tuning the aero ports. from what i understand the more aero ports, the longer they all have to be to reach the desired frequency, but if i used lets say one in a 2.8 cu. ft. box, i wanted to tune low, would i make it shorter? im trying to figure this out on psp's port calculator and just wanted more enlightment.

ill explain my situation: i have a 2.8 cu. ft. box waiting to be built (32'' w, 15'' h, 11 3/4'' d), i wanted a tune to 32-34 because of the loudness, but i noticed in my box now (tuned at around 32), the lows sound like poo. i am messing with psp's port calculator, and figured if i used 2 3'' ports and tried tuning at 30, my length on both increased to 12.92''. which i cant because of the box being 11.75 deep. if i use one 3 inch port, and use the same tuning freq. i get 5.36''. so would one port be better in my situation or would 2 benefit it better?

- 12'' Fi BL Fully Loaded - 2.2 cu. ft. box @ 35hz - 29 sq. in. of port - Stinger SPV 44 - Us Amps Merlin MD3D @ 2ohm - 5.25'' PG RSD Components - Big 3 in Hyperflex 1/0 - Pioneer DEH-3000IB - 140 sq. ft. of Stinger Roadkill Expert
    Refs: Slam, Ridinhi, Blados, Pioneerpimp, Kowboy

srt4100 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Enclosure help on ports.

Tune low as in above 32? Like 40? or like 25? I just put in a 4 inch aero last night in a 2.5-2.6 cubes box and it was 10.5 inches long. 25 would make it longer and 40 hz would make it shorter if that helps.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i meant as in lower than 32, cuz most of my music has low low **** and the new box murders this mid-high freq but the lows sound crappy.

- 12'' Fi BL Fully Loaded - 2.2 cu. ft. box @ 35hz - 29 sq. in. of port - Stinger SPV 44 - Us Amps Merlin MD3D @ 2ohm - 5.25'' PG RSD Components - Big 3 in Hyperflex 1/0 - Pioneer DEH-3000IB - 140 sq. ft. of Stinger Roadkill Expert

srt4100 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The lower in number ( as in 30, 29, 28, etc.) the longer the aero. The higher in number ( 32,33,34,35, etc) the shorter the aero.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

alright kool, thank you.

does anyone have a list of length to frequency diagrams? thatd be killer to have as a sticky up here since alot of us are getting into aeros now.

wu501 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

use psp's aeroport calculator:

http://www.psp-inc.com/

DaGh0st is offline Drill Baby Drill!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That would be box dependent i would think.

Do not buy from IndoAudio.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfAllBass View Post
    im a feg!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wu501 View Post
    use psp's aeroport calculator:

http://www.psp-inc.com/
    I have..... read my 1st post over again: i am messing with psp's port calculator, and figured if i used 2 3'' ports and tried tuning at 30, my length on both increased to 12.92''. which i cant because of the box being 11.75 deep. if i use one 3 inch port, and use the same tuning freq. i get 5.36''. so would one port be better in my situation or would 2 benefit it better?

wu501 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You need to make sure you have enough port area.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BL 12 – Ported box we recommend using 1.8-2.5 cubic feet @ 30-37Hz (I personally think that a 32hz tuning is optimal, and has the most output and is still the most musical daily driving). Use 12-16 square inches of vent area per cubic foot of volume.

so would i do 12 X 2.8? and thats my port area?

my original box design has 2 3'' aeroports 9 13/16'' long, making a tuning of 34 hz. but what i want to do is change that to 30hz, but i want help to figure it out myself incase i want to change the tuning again.

Closed Thread