Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Ported box for Alpine Type R 10?

truebluestang is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ported box for Alpine Type R 10?

I am looking to build a box for my type r 10. It is currently in a sealed box with .85 cubes. I looked all over Alpines site and could not find specific plans for a tube or slot ported box. I listen to all types of music but mostly Alternative and Techno. The current box sounds pretty good I just want to get a little more out of it. I have 300 rms going to the sub if that helps.

PERFORMANCE
    BBK o/r X pipe, Magnaflow Catback, K&N w/silencer removed, Accufab 70mm throttlebody, FRPP 3.73s, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, Speedcal, Steeda Triax, Steeda Sport Springs, Steeda Sub Frame Connectors, Steeda C/C Plates

LOOKS
    Saleen S281 wing, Bullitt Side Scoops, Bullitt Fuel Door, Mach1 Chin Spoiler, Mach1 Grill Delete, Ford OEM 03 Cobra Wheels, Shorty Billet Antenna

TrueBlueStang

evo2k3 is offline Senior Bizznitch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Ported box for Alpine Type R 10?

Originally posted by truebluestang
    I am looking to build a box for my type r 10. It is currently in a sealed box with .85 cubes. I looked all over Alpines site and could not find specific plans for a tube or slot ported box. I listen to all types of music but mostly Alternative and Techno. The current box sounds pretty good I just want to get a little more out of it. I have 300 rms going to the sub if that helps.
    most people here will tell you not to port type r's...however, it you want to, you dont need a design, just decide on a volume (bigger than what you have now, generally as big as your willing to go) and port it somewhere between 28 and 35 hz and your set, once you have a volume, lots of people on here can help you calculate port length and size need to avoid port noise.

I'm back to stock in my new car.....

goofballer is offline bouncin' YJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What's wrong with porting Type R's? I have 2 12" in a ported box and it sounds amazing. It's custom fit to the subs so it's perfect.

Current Vehicle: '93 Ford Probe GT

...system in progress...

Closed Thread