Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

walled facing rear?

ok i dont got pics yet cause i cant find my camera usb cord but i have a cherokee and i've built my box and got if walled in the front and put trim pieces around it to make it a "wall" so tobe sealed from the carg. my port is a vertical slot port in the center facing the front. built for 4 12's the box has more air space than i needed so i think imma put 4 more 12's in the back of the box so when i pop the cargo door you see 4 more since the back of all 8 subwoofers are in this box all the air will still come through the port but will the sound come too or once i wall the rear to make it a "wall" should i put a port tube from front to back throught the "trim pieces so the sound from the cargo also come from the front or will it be just fine being the baskets are in the box to push air through the port?

armitank is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: walled facing rear?

wait.. what??

btdickey99 is offline I Hate the Tarheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

radical

what subs, and how much air space?

doesnt sound like a good idea to me but its your stuff

2000 Chevy Silverado 4x4

REFS: texasound82, duece212, flipside1212, l7runner, oxsign, tapout, Busabob, NightDrifter05, GOOSE, GohillaAudio, jmanpc, fwb_1234, Fusion_Freak, arkadiy, LoggedOut, Kmanian, KyleBechtold, Beerdrnkr, R/T Pimp, Louie68, dropped_tb, audiobaun, Psychodrama, JBLCAMRY, yunvme666, Buckyboy, CRXBMPN, bpres9991, Worlddre, KCha, operationcougar, Vitveet, and many more...

Propimp is offline I will shake you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

pics would proballly help this situation ALOT

2005 Chevy Malibu
    Head unit: Pioneer Premier p680mp
    Frontstage: 2 pairs or Diamond Audio D661s
    Subs: DC Sound Labs Level 4 12"
    Box: 2.4cubes tuned to 33HZish
    Amps: MTX 1501d and MTX 942
    Wires: Knukonceptz 1/0 and Krystal RCA cables
    Video: Power Acoustik headrest mointors and DVD player
    Other: Louis Vuitton highlights through out car

MisterGrubbs is offline Kinda Old School

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay. He has a wall

4 subs forward.

He sealed it off from the cargo, right?

He is now adding 4 more woofers to the backside of the box, in that sealed cargo area, so that when you pop the hatch/trunk/whatever you want to call it, you see those 4 subs.

He says it will get louder because the only port is towards the front of the car, and that will help it get louder because it's moving more air.

That is what he is saying, if I have read correctly.

Dont do it.

Educational session for you retards of the forum:Use there when referring to a place, whether concrete or more abstract. No kove, I will not come over there. Use their to indicate possession. Members of this forum have lost their minds. Remember that they're is a contraction of the words they and are. They're all idiots!

References(Some of them):SteveyHustle, PepsiFiend69, SubNoize05, BushJ311, Mrray13, Hintzyboy, dbubble, 528hz, Twisted_0912, RKPsk8er
    Ebay: 35+ 100% Feedback Paypal: 14+ Verified

fbi90909 is offline Panty Thief

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

hahahah holy ****, you built a large *** box w/o even calculating how much air space you were really needing? lol do you even know what your port is tuned to or is it just a few board put together?
    if you have 4 12's and "think" you have too much air space and require 4 more 12's then you seriously seem like you do not know what you are doing.

i will not put **** or outside links in my signature again. if i do i will be banned. all hail the moderators.

Propimp is offline I will shake you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Give us some specs

2005 Chevy Malibu
    Head unit: Pioneer Premier p680mp
    Frontstage: 2 pairs or Diamond Audio D661s
    Subs: DC Sound Labs Level 4 12"
    Box: 2.4cubes tuned to 33HZish
    Amps: MTX 1501d and MTX 942
    Wires: Knukonceptz 1/0 and Krystal RCA cables
    Video: Power Acoustik headrest mointors and DVD player
    Other: Louis Vuitton highlights through out car

trashedxj is offline I got that Jeep thing

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

cant get pics up til tonight but everyone knows what a wall would be like just imagine that when you open up the cargo. a wall with speakers facing the rear then another one behind the front seats(took my back seat out! using hifonics subs, they need 2.5-3 cubic feet each, my box is 21 cubic feet, im shrinking that up a little to give exactly 2.5 each! so im taking out 1 cubic foot! using 4 hifonics brutus amps(600x1@1ohm) each sub needs 300rms or 600 peak with 8 subs ill be putting 1 amp for every 2 subs for a total 2400watts rms! prolly more in the future once i see what the subs do at 300 i would like to try bout 450 each!

Ali1 is offline e6300 FTW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trashedxj View Post
    ok i dont got pics yet cause i cant find my camera usb cord but i have a cherokee and i've built my box and got if walled in the front and put trim pieces around it to make it a "wall" so tobe sealed from the carg. my port is a vertical slot port in the center facing the front. built for 4 12's the box has more air space than i needed so i think imma put 4 more 12's in the back of the box so when i pop the cargo door you see 4 more since the back of all 8 subwoofers are in this box all the air will still come through the port but will the sound come too or once i wall the rear to make it a "wall" should i put a port tube from front to back throught the "trim pieces so the sound from the cargo also come from the front or will it be just fine being the baskets are in the box to push air through the port?
    periods are your best friend

Quote Originally Posted by northside210 View Post
    seems like everybody is going for pyle, should i tune them to 63 for the lows or 87

refrences:
    logan_searching, Big Rea$e, rfluvinmf, Davecubs14, reaudiofan, Krazed4Bass, SR20det, jbizzle x 4, bamaboy, mazdakid, mike11202,sbcaprice305, anotherguy(yes, that is his sn), ROE, coreyanderson, gebrochen, 528hz, bassmasta (x2), ustroops52, noob24,vrwm, lafanboy, explodftl,TheLow, tommythecat,dub22, hunterw, many more.....

**** PATALPINE :: SCAMMER******

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trashedxj View Post
    cant get pics up til tonight but everyone knows what a wall would be like just imagine that when you open up the cargo. a wall with speakers facing the rear then another one behind the front seats(took my back seat out! using hifonics subs, they need 2.5-3 cubic feet each, my box is 21 cubic feet, im shrinking that up a little to give exactly 2.5 each! so im taking out 1 cubic foot! using 4 hifonics brutus amps(600x1@1ohm) each sub needs 300rms or 600 peak with 8 subs ill be putting 1 amp for every 2 subs for a total 2400watts rms! prolly more in the future once i see what the subs do at 300 i would like to try bout 450 each!
    you do realize that if you cut down your internal air space to the proper requirements for those subs that your port tuning will need to be fixed as well.
    lol i want to see pics.

i will not put **** or outside links in my signature again. if i do i will be banned. all hail the moderators.

Ed Lester is offline SPL and Lights

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sounds like you are going to hack that box up and make it sound terrible while blowing subs.

The Real
    Edward Lester
    dB Drag World Finals 03, 05, 07, 08 3rd place SS-NW
    so far in 2008 with 4) T3 Audio TSS V2 12s and 1) Hifonics XXV Maxximus = 153.5 dB and Bass Race 149.3 dB
    Team RazorLite
    Team T3Audio
    Team XS Power
    Team Second Skin
    07 HHR

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fbi90909 View Post
    hahahah holy ****, you built a large *** box w/o even calculating how much air space you were really needing? lol do you even know what your port is tuned to or is it just a few board put together?
    if you have 4 12's and "think" you have too much air space and require 4 more 12's then you seriously seem like you do not know what you are doing.
    built the box to specs for 4 12's that im no longer using and ported it to 27hz, im redoing the rear of the box to build it to spec for 8 12's(lower class 12's just got great deal from my boy who owns a stereo shop locally) i been buildin boxes a long time and never had a problem once and got plenty of trophies(that mean jack **** to me) along with friends boxes i built who have trophies(means the world to them not sure why though, i could buy a trophy if thats what was special) so yes i know what im doing just never tried subs facing front AND rear to push more air, basically im letting the cargo(if i calculated the cargo air space) im letting the cargo be a seald chamber for 4 of the 12's and the box is the ported chamber of a wierd bandpass sorta combo if you will! ill post the pics when im done and after i get it all installed ill let yall know how it turned out, might try a vid but we will wait and see!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

you are better off building a wall/clam shell type ****. don't put subs facing the back.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Lester View Post
    sounds like you are going to hack that box up and make it sound terrible while blowing subs.
    actually i already re did it once! i had it with 4 audiopipes built to spec but not impressed so i decided to go with 8 hifonics cause i been usin hifonics speakers and subs for a few years and they never let me down i just get bored so i sell what i have and start all over with a new head unit components and all! (once you've worked with the stuffmost your life it takes alot to impress a person thus you get bored and re do it over and over again!

MisterGrubbs is offline Kinda Old School

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have an idea.

Try working with some higher quality stuff, or more power, or something...

Nothing against AudioPipe or Hifonics, both make some good stuff.

But my opinion, if you have 21 cubes

Would be to rebaffle the front, and size the box down just a tad

And do four 15's on more power

Educational session for you retards of the forum:Use there when referring to a place, whether concrete or more abstract. No kove, I will not come over there. Use their to indicate possession. Members of this forum have lost their minds. Remember that they're is a contraction of the words they and are. They're all idiots!

References(Some of them):SteveyHustle, PepsiFiend69, SubNoize05, BushJ311, Mrray13, Hintzyboy, dbubble, 528hz, Twisted_0912, RKPsk8er
    Ebay: 35+ 100% Feedback Paypal: 14+ Verified

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Tag List