Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Port a downfire box!?

FirstOnRaceDay is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Port a downfire box!?

I have a 2004 F150 and will b getting back into deep,Techtronic P.E.B. music style. All I want is a way to port a customized downfire box with 2-Audiobahn DUB100 10's. Ported specs call for 0.70-2.30 cuft.The box I will get has 0.68 per chamber.I want to have it ported or should I have one built ported? I am ballin on a budget!!Any suggestions/help/comments are welcomed....

BuckyBoy is offline Box Designer/Builder

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Port a downfire box!?

You can't port the box that is .68 per chamber sealed. You are going to have to get another one built, or just go sealed.

www.smith-customs.com
    Find Smith Customs on Facebook!

References: Vexter 0944, Lingerfelt, riddla, Exploder 97, dillinja666, king ranch, chopsu3i, bonesninja, sxkicker89, djessenz, hl26, btdickey99, JLMaster, jbirrd15, bones22, belbo, 99grandprixGT, woody89, viebotls, garrettpf, SPL140.2, alex5857, Pickler, simpsonbuck, Rickikaye69, Bettr n' Revrse, swollen_cu

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I appreciate the fb.I had a feeling that was the answer especially with little airspace there is.Just wanted to see if I could get around it.I will get another built or continue to look for ported enclosures.I see that there is one called Audiofire that comes ported with a single 10. I only have experience with sealed enclosure in car trunks and I know a ported one will give me the boom I am looking for. It's just that the 150 SCREW,all you have to work with is underneath the seats.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyBoy View Post
    You can't port the box that is .68 per chamber sealed. You are going to have to get another one built, or just go sealed.

BuckyBoy is offline Box Designer/Builder

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can build you one if you are interested. I'm about an hour and a half from Atlanta.

www.smith-customs.com
    Find Smith Customs on Facebook!

References: Vexter 0944, Lingerfelt, riddla, Exploder 97, dillinja666, king ranch, chopsu3i, bonesninja, sxkicker89, djessenz, hl26, btdickey99, JLMaster, jbirrd15, bones22, belbo, 99grandprixGT, woody89, viebotls, garrettpf, SPL140.2, alex5857, Pickler, simpsonbuck, Rickikaye69, Bettr n' Revrse, swollen_cu

BEAVER.989 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yoy could possibly do an axternal port, depending on how much room you have, but a custom box is the best alternative.

Alpine CDA-9887 - PG Xenon 100.4 - PG Xenon 600.1 - IDQ10V3(1.3cft. @ 28hz) - Polk SR6501 mids - Seas Neo's - Knuconceptz - RAAMAudio
    Common sense is far from common.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I already sent you an email requesting a qoute.I'll b on da lookout for the response............
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyBoy View Post
    I can build you one if you are interested. I'm about an hour and a half from Atlanta.

Closed Thread