Closed Thread

Reload Thread: dust?

sqhertz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

dust?

so i slowly got the box together and im slowly painting it. im going with the granite fleckstone paint.

i tried to get all the mdf dust out with my small shopvac , but i still feel some in there. and when i painted the port , it leaves like paint dust all in the box that can be easily rubbed off. i know i cant get all of it out , especially when its in the port. would this be any problem to my new LI (ill take pics of it when i get a chance). it does have the cooling feature that has the coil exposed a bit. i just dont want any of that crap getting in there.

- Ref.s -
    ssbogger , derek9087 , mike dressure , xluben , brocken , QtrHorse , marley1 , byoon001 , IonSQL , Duke , TheBaron929 , SiX , Andar , blackbonnie , SPLV , dbaudio , dillinja666 , 97cavy , dropkick13 , TeamPSI , foreman , integra88 , bangincaraudio , spinelli , gkatmar , MustangGT25YRS , stockgp , FASTIMES , ultimate157 , Reson8 , vitveet , req

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: dust?

also , what should i use for a top coat? polyurethane? or just some clear enamel?

- Ref.s -
    ssbogger , derek9087 , mike dressure , xluben , brocken , QtrHorse , marley1 , byoon001 , IonSQL , Duke , TheBaron929 , SiX , Andar , blackbonnie , SPLV , dbaudio , dillinja666 , 97cavy , dropkick13 , TeamPSI , foreman , integra88 , bangincaraudio , spinelli , gkatmar , MustangGT25YRS , stockgp , FASTIMES , ultimate157 , Reson8 , vitveet , req

RipDaJacka is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

peacock seamen.. when it dries it leaves a deep clear shine.. just like when u wetsand and buff a car

im kiddn man.. i dont have anything conctructive to add.. just thought u mite get a chuckle.. goodluck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

put the sub in and blast for a few sec and all the dust will fly out.
    if you still aint happy get an air compressor and blast it out.

Refs : nismos14, Slammed x3, Team H&K, RetroAudioInc, 2002XLT, tc3k101, Fusion_Freak, IAmMurph, louisiana_crx, fast85_gt, Ridnclean x3,
    woofercooker, lil_italy773 x2, 1mtx1, flipx99, MSW Danny, the_greatest_penn, jco1385, walksup, darkhunter139, TurdFurgeuson2, jmanpc, explorer2,
    Jep772, 86yota, fargof, brtnboarder3241, Pitbull12887, Spooney, Phers1er,

rollerdj is offline Low End Master

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lightly dampend rag FTW.

Car- Nissan Sentra Spec-V
    HU- Kenwood Excelon XXV-01D
    Front stage- Stock for now
    Amps- Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D
    Substage- Single 12" Sundown X12 Prototype
    Box- 1.75ft^3 Sealed

"Watch the ***** flying twards you, i'm not kidding."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWm0C5zxVPw

nope, he wasn't kidding! lawl

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

no compressor on hand.
    i guess i can use a damp rag , but i still wont be able to get into the port. i mean , it shouldnt be a problem , but IA is the first company ive seen say 'make sure there is no loose debris in the enclosure' in the manual , so it made me think.
    what about a top coat? id like the paint to last as long as possible. http://www.minwax.com/products/oil_b...lyurethane.cfm ? i believe i seen this stuff at work in a spray can.

- Ref.s -

jake21 is offline Lifted > Lowered

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sqhertz View Post
    no compressor on hand.
    i guess i can use a damp rag , but i still wont be able to get into the port. i mean , it shouldnt be a problem , but IA is the first company ive seen say 'make sure there is no loose debris in the enclosure' in the manual , so it made me think.
    what about a top coat? id like the paint to last as long as possible. http://www.minwax.com/products/oil_b...lyurethane.cfm ? i believe i seen this stuff at work in a spray can.
    I think they were mostly aiming towards no loose pieces of wood or other building materials that could fly into the cone and cause some real fun

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

thier reason is because of thier cooling feature on the subs. there is 6 'channels' that have the coil exposed for better cooling. manual said to make sure all loose debris like sawdust and such is not present in the box before putting any power to it so crap doesnt get caught in the gap.

- Ref.s -

edzy is offline SPL Ninja

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

does your shop vac have a blower end? Mine does and thats what I use. Also, I hit the inside with a spay of poly, to seal in any loose dust. What about a rag on a stick, or a flexible something to get in the port?

And why do you need to topcoat the fleck stuff? aint that a top coat?

Nothing to see here, Move along.

Louisiana_CRX is offline dem shoes......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

wrong kind of dust

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

i guess it would be a top coat. i mean a clear coat so the paint will last. its the exact paint i used to do my computer speakers in my avatar but i used clear enamel on those and the paint does not look no where near how it did when it was fresh and that wasnt even that long ago. i guess ill try the spray clear polyurethane stuff and see how that does.

i used the blower end of the vac but it is on the small side so it doesnt get everything out. im sure im making it sound worse than it is , but id not like to **** up a new sub.

- Ref.s -

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

get an old sub and blast it out with a burp.
    what i did.

Refs : nismos14, Slammed x3, Team H&K, RetroAudioInc, 2002XLT, tc3k101, Fusion_Freak, IAmMurph, louisiana_crx, fast85_gt, Ridnclean x3,
    woofercooker, lil_italy773 x2, 1mtx1, flipx99, MSW Danny, the_greatest_penn, jco1385, walksup, darkhunter139, TurdFurgeuson2, jmanpc, explorer2,
    Jep772, 86yota, fargof, brtnboarder3241, Pitbull12887, Spooney, Phers1er,

Rashaddd is offline Terrrrrist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

leafblower ftw.

Refs: themommyvan, CharlieAnderson, bassknocker23, bigbirney420, wu501, _JaY_, lrc131, R/T Pimp, NeverEnuffBass, d-REW, slapmaster, headbussaboi, edzy, adio, 1ndatrunk, jfink, k_schutte, bigredhybrid, ARSkemp, s-saudio, pimpdaddyq, AudioFreak, scarolinablazin, ssackett, kylebechtold, craigzter, etc..................

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

meh. im not too worried.
    just started painting with the fleckstone today. i forgot how good it looked when its fresh. <3.
    i also picked up some rustoleum spray laquer since its dry time is alot less than the minwax's. i may need another can though.
    how does everyone paint thier boxes? i just have mine laying on its bottom side till i finish the others then do the bottom last? or should i paint all the sides first , then hit it with the laquer all at the same time...?

- Ref.s -

Closed Thread