Closed Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Reload Thread: New Box!!! Comments Welcome

  1. #1
    bigred78797's Avatar
    bigred78797 is offline Audiobahn Junkie



    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Fort Meade, MD
    Age
    31
    Posts
    873
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    New Box!!! Comments Welcome

    NEW BOX!!!

    HEY guys i just bought two more subs. I wanted to know how ya'll felt about this box. I need a back up opinion since i will be going competition soon.

    I have 4 audiobahn 1005Q's right now. I have a regular cab Chevy s-10 so i have NO room to work with. OK the box is Fiber glass. Im gonna have the subs shooting towards the floor. There will be about a 6 inch gap between the floor and the subs so there won't be any muffling. OK the box is almost trapezoid shaped with the port in the middle of the top. The box will have two plexiglass windows so you can see all the chrome for the subs. Im gonna have the amps held up by a fiber glass holder thingy. With the two 18001DT's on either side( at like a 45degree angle so that it fits the angle of the box ) and the 6601X in the middle. All of my wireing is gonna be hiddin thought the box exept for the wires leading to the subs. Oh the box is tuned to 30hz. And the speakers will be running at their 900w rms. On the inside of the box do yall think i should throw some neons in there to liven it up???

    ANY QUESTION OR COMMENTS OR GOOD IDEAS ARE WELCOME... REMEMBER IM DOING THIS FOR PEOPLE LIKE U TO LIKE, AND REMEMBER IM WORKING WITH A VERY VERY LIMITED SPACE.







  2. #2
    fantomas's Avatar
    fantomas is offline show her the oh face



    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    980
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New Box!!! Comments Welcome

    Originally posted by bigred78797
    NEW BOX!!!

    HEY guys i just bought two more subs. I wanted to know how ya'll felt about this box. I need a back up opinion since i will be going competition soon.

    I have 4 audiobahn 1005Q's right now. I have a regular cab Chevy s-10 so i have NO room to work with. OK the box is Fiber glass. Im gonna have the subs shooting towards the floor. There will be about a 6 inch gap between the floor and the subs so there won't be any muffling. OK the box is almost trapezoid shaped with the port in the middle of the top. The box will have two plexiglass windows so you can see all the chrome for the subs. Im gonna have the amps held up by a fiber glass holder thingy. With the two 18001DT's on either side( at like a 45degree angle so that it fits the angle of the box ) and the 6601X in the middle. All of my wireing is gonna be hiddin thought the box exept for the wires leading to the subs. Oh the box is tuned to 30hz. And the speakers will be running at their 900w rms. On the inside of the box do yall think i should throw some neons in there to liven it up???

    ANY QUESTION OR COMMENTS OR GOOD IDEAS ARE WELCOME... REMEMBER IM DOING THIS FOR PEOPLE LIKE U TO LIKE, AND REMEMBER IM WORKING WITH A VERY VERY LIMITED SPACE.
    those subs are gonna HIT....but i think if you want to compete....the box should be tuned a little higher than 30 hz..



    when in doubt, check the ground.

    1728

  3. #3
    bigred78797's Avatar
    bigred78797 is offline Audiobahn Junkie

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Fort Meade, MD
    Age
    31
    Posts
    873
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man i gotta drive around in it though and i cant bump with a box tuned to 50hz unless... i build 2 boxes.




  4. #4
    fantomas's Avatar
    fantomas is offline show her the oh face



    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    980
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by bigred78797
    Man i gotta drive around in it though and i cant bump with a box tuned to 50hz unless... i build 2 boxes.
    well...if you're competing for SPL....build a second box without all the frills of your daily driver. tune it to around 50 hz and you'll be all set



    when in doubt, check the ground.

    1728

  5. #5
    Wonderbread's Avatar
    Wonderbread is offline Against Avatar Theft



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    build a removeable port plug



    MSN - pnenis@hotmail.com
    Add me if you have any questions!
    Quote Originally Posted by PT Teal
    I woke up one morning and found a cop at my door telling me he found my car on fire in the middle of the desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanerupper View Post
    Some people have told me that the chrome reflects sunlight, therefore the amp doesn't get as hot as others. Is this true?

  6. #6
    bigred78797's Avatar
    bigred78797 is offline Audiobahn Junkie

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Fort Meade, MD
    Age
    31
    Posts
    873
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There is one problem with the port plug idea well a few. Im working with such a confined space that i have to have the port tunneling around the box. It would be kinda hard to make a port that tunnels all the way around the box.That and ill have to deal with distortion issues and since im using fiberglass and plexiglass that makes it REALLY hard to stop those issues with a removable port.




  7. #7
    Wonderbread's Avatar
    Wonderbread is offline Against Avatar Theft



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ah, well, that screws you over, now doesnt it?



    MSN - pnenis@hotmail.com
    Add me if you have any questions!
    Quote Originally Posted by PT Teal
    I woke up one morning and found a cop at my door telling me he found my car on fire in the middle of the desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanerupper View Post
    Some people have told me that the chrome reflects sunlight, therefore the amp doesn't get as hot as others. Is this true?

  8. #8
    bigred78797's Avatar
    bigred78797 is offline Audiobahn Junkie

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Fort Meade, MD
    Age
    31
    Posts
    873
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Naw not really i always find ways to overcome my problems,




  9. #9
    ws140's Avatar
    ws140 is offline ~`[]D[]][\/]][[]D`~



    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    MA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    671
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    make two seperat tunnels and have a removable peice. One for 30 hz and one for 50 hz. Then al you have to do is unplugg one and plugg the other.



    Alpine CDA-9813
    Infinity Kappa 60.5s Component Speakers
    U.S. Acoutics 2080x for the comps (80x2 @ 4 ohms)
    1 ed e12O.44 in a 2ft.^3 sealed box.
    Soundstream RUB500-1 for the sub (400x1 @ 2 ohms)

  10. #10
    bigred78797's Avatar
    bigred78797 is offline Audiobahn Junkie

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Fort Meade, MD
    Age
    31
    Posts
    873
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys i just finished my plans of how to do it. After alot of thought and discussion with a couple other people i figured out it would be best to tune my box to 20 hz. I'm doing that because of the way Audiobahns act. They take a dip in SPL then keep going up after the tuning frequency. And because i have a smaller cab lower notes seem louder. Anyway heres what it should look like. The port is running across the top going out the side. The port is like 1.5 meters long lol. There is only one problem, i had a choice between high driver excursion or very high port velocity. I chose the later of the two. I always try to keep the AV below 17 but those speakers aren't very forgiving, they either want a 3m long port or 100m/s AV. That's another reason why i went with tuning to 20hz becuase the port velocities don't start to go up high until about 19hz or so. When i was trying to tune to 50 and 40hz my AV were hitting about 70m/s @ 40 & 50 hz and that's not good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Box!!! Comments Welcome-mynewbox.jpg  
    Last edited by bigred78797; 06-04-2003 at 05:49 AM.




  11. #11
    mm_55's Avatar
    mm_55 is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Missouri
    Age
    28
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    what did u make that pic with? looks pretty sweet




  12. #12
    bigred78797's Avatar
    bigred78797 is offline Audiobahn Junkie

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Fort Meade, MD
    Age
    31
    Posts
    873
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I used 3d studio Max, well gmax the free one, then i used photostudio to get the 3d picture to jpeg. I used that gmax program to do all of my designs.




  13. #13
    paikiah's Avatar
    paikiah is offline Wangaholic



    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Seoul, Korea
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,770
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As for what you can do to the insides...

    I say get yourself a plexi miror to fill the walls and floor. THat way, more chrome will show, plus gives the feeling that it's a huge box.



    Team Caraudio

    Sony C90, 210 EQ
    Seas 27TDF/C, RE XXX 6.5, custom xo (dyn 240GT sitting idle)
    RF 60.2 amp
    eD A15.22
    Soundstream picasso 1400.1D

    Bass drive-by's are uncool.

  14. #14
    bigred78797's Avatar
    bigred78797 is offline Audiobahn Junkie

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Fort Meade, MD
    Age
    31
    Posts
    873
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OOOOHHH good idea.. Ill look into that one, that's a pretty good idea. I think imma put a plexi mirror on the bottom cuz imma buy those illuminated sub grilles and i want people to see em. I looked at the price and it's not too expensive either.




Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum