Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Is this worth it?

arizona is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is this worth it?

Well all of my expectations were completely crushed... I built a mock up of the box I wanted to do with some ****** wood I had laying around. It was just a frame so I could get an idea.

So anyways I can only get around 5.1 cubes before woofer and port displacement (this is using the internal dimensions)and actually be able to remove the box. The box is for 2 DD2515's which are a rec. 3.4 each before woofer displacement. So should I just say **** it and build the box in the trunk and not be able to remove it.

If I build the box in the trunk I will be able to get more then enough space....I just won't be able to ever have a trunk again. If the 5.1 box will sound like total **** I am more then willing to make that sacrifice... I just really want to be able to use my trunk for like camping and ****.

So what do you guys think. I am willing to do either one...I just don't want to build the other box and then find out that I really wasted my time and should have built it in the trunk in the first place.

fbi90909 is offline Panty Thief

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Is this worth it?

build that **** in the trunk!!
    that's what i had to do for my 15" btl. initially i can fit 4.cu@30hz slot ported in and out of my trunk. but a kerfed enclosure was larger so i said **** it and built that **** in the trunk.

if you really want it. you will do it.

i will not put **** or outside links in my signature again. if i do i will be banned. all hail the moderators.

arizona is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Is this worth it?

heh...I kind of figured I would end up doing it when I bought the subs....I just couldnt pass up the deal. I am more then willing to do it. Its just a last resort kind of thing lol.

Closed Thread