Closed Thread

Reload Thread: flare port question

unrated is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

flare port question

hey guys, im gonna attempt to build my first flared slot port, i just have a few questions that i couldnt find on here

i am just looking for some small hints on when i do a flare port

how far back from the front of the box do you start the flare ( i know the further back the bigger the flare, i am just looking for an rough number)

second i want the flare on the edge side of the box too, so how far in to i make the side,

am i close if i go 2 inches from the front and 2 inches in from the side, that would give me a nice sharp radius turn, i know trial and error is going to be my best bet, i was just looking for any quick tips

Thanks

SPL Blazer is offline SPL Event Promoter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: flare port question

I don't think your gonna get a lot of tips on this one, I could be wrong though. I have yet to see a flared slot port, I've heard of them done a couple times. The only way I've heard of doing it is with the help of a Termlab meter and a lot of testing.

Walled Astro, 4 DC Audio 18" XL's _____________________www.NewEnglandSPL.com
    1 Hifonics Sampson - 157.7 so far

Bought from: CRXBMPN, SPLTucson, f150john, LoudMOFO Sold To: Chris Team ACT, Big Rea$e

Closed Thread