Closed Thread

Reload Thread: boxes????

99ChevyZ71 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

boxes????

i have a 99 chevy ext. cab truck that i want to get a box that will fit under the rear seat.

I am going to get a soundstream 4.640 amp and 10 Infinity sub. I really just want sq.

I was just wondering if yall think i should try and make a box or buy a box allready made.

The box that i am thinking about getting is .7cu feet and if i make one i could make it any size really as long as it would fit under the seat.
    This is a link to the box: http://www.subthump.com/achevytruck.htm

And also do you think the sub should fire out or fire down???

I believe i could make a good box but i really dont know how to figure out how many cu feet there is in teh box.

Thanks
    Jeff

more_spl is offline only have 1, but it's 12"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Please, use the correct forum for your questions, help keep the site organized
    The 3rd forum from the top is BOX CONSTRUCTION...

Build your own, make it custom to your sub. if it's your first box, i'd suggest building sealed. to calc cubic ft (FT^3) go here. http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/caraudio.htm
    and go to the BOX BUILDING link on the right, it's near the bottom kinda..
    or you do LxWxH/1728... but that dont take into account the thickness of your wood.
    i believe sum1 said subtract the thickness of your wood (in inches) from your L,W,H values and it'll be more accurate.. So ya, build your own.. Cheaper, better, and you'll say "wow, i built that!!!"... that's what i said... even my first box turned out good

i decided not to have a signature

Closed Thread