Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need to move more air in trunk car..

86yota is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need to move more air in trunk car..

Got 6 12" CVRs off a Sundown 1500d at .5 ohm with decent voltage and only pullin a 142.8 in the trunk of my Grand Marquis. Now I know these cars and similar trunks KILL your score, but what can I do to help this? I have 3 subs firing back, 3 firing up, and port firing up. Should I try to build a box with external aeros firing straight into the car? Any crazy ideas? Im almost ready to try 4 15"s sealed but would like to improve with what I have.. thanks

dman4486 is offline Paid to Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need to move more air in trunk car..

Quote Originally Posted by 86yota View Post
    Got 6 12" CVRs off a Sundown 1500d at .5 ohm with decent voltage and only pullin a 142.8 in the trunk of my Grand Marquis. Now I know these cars and similar trunks KILL your score, but what can I do to help this? I have 3 subs firing back, 3 firing up, and port firing up. Should I try to build a box with external aeros firing straight into the car? Any crazy ideas? Im almost ready to try 4 15"s sealed but would like to improve with what I have.. thanks
    maybe you have some cancellation with all those subs....try building a good box for 2,3 or 4 of them....

or you could sell it all and get 2 12" to fire sub and port forward

Auto: 96 honda passport 3.2L v6 4X4 5sp
    Big 3 pics--THE MAV--THE RSD's--MY VLX
    Rices Creek Pics

Refs: Sold to; lilmaniac2, alexdbest2000, jshak07 Bought from; CJL

kotec123 is offline Flame

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

do u have a "ski" port that opens up into ur back seat?.....try and open up some way into the cabin of the car if your answer is no

TCAB and 2 SI Mag 15"
    2 Kicker kx2500.1
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1
    1/0 all around
    big 3 done in 1/0,Yellow Top d31t.

Refs: spkrman x2,folgrz,bumpngt,belunt,lastcall, gl0ck mikeyboc, rippinitup7, SBLAZER, SWEET06CAMRY, blaze383, tweet02, wackdogg, dB Dom

ebay : kotec123 ....100% feedback.

boalova13 is offline That's what she said

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm in the same boat lol literally. I keep going through setups and i still can't seem to get to where i want it. Granted I stuck with a single sub setup I went from a w7, to a 18" bl and now im waiting to get my btl to put back there. Only suggestion i could make is take out your rear speakers. I'm thinking about doing it but there a ***** to get to.

Sold to-phantom240
    Bought from-basic 1906, steveyhustle x2, charlesbhs, liftedcj7on44s, jmanpc, psych0ticnemes1, Here-I-Come, brent00F150, loudwhat?, bad4health
    Traded with-jmanpc

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Guess I shoulda gave more info. Metal wall from trunk to cabin is cut out mostly, no more 6x9s, arm rest is cut out for the "ski port". Deadening was also removed from behind the seat. Just need a box to push more air into the car..

snb778 is offline blaugh!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

doesnt sound like enough power for 6 12's

Refs: Projectpat, XylerB, decipha, blados, protonman, Wlmrs, Nucleareskimo, gl0ck, mobeious, JBizzle (picked up box) mlstrass (box design) Mazzasec (bought 18" RD Alpha from him) SKMFKR: Traded subs Wrenchguy: Sold 18" Q to him. psychoacoustics: bought some bullet horn tweets from him Shinju: bought some 0awg wire from him. Sold a box and 18" HDC318 to chitown_impala. Bought my 2 custom 15's from 99Vic on steave meade forum. NJTStang11- picked up 18" SSX and box from him krispy cream SCAMMED ME $200!!!

2 Pistol Shrimps in a 4.0 cu^ft box tuned to 32 hz for the WIN !!

"You can't compare, don't stare, cause I got the ultimate Mary Jane"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eh..either its my box or my Sundown is killing them because they can get stinky after full tilt for a couple minutes. I have a 9 cube box with 140 sq" of port area (port looks huge) and I dnno if that effects their power handling or not.. They should be roughly getting only around 300 RMS a peice tho..

Closed Thread