View Poll Results: Does Aero work better than regular slot port?

Voters
11. This poll is closed
  • Yes

6 54.55%
  • No

0 0%
  • In my experinces, it doesnt matter.

5 45.45%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: POLL: Your opinion/experiences on Flared Aero Ports vs. regular slot port

snb778 is offline blaugh!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

POLL: Your opinion/experiences on Flared Aero Ports vs. regular slot port

Whats up guys.

I am trying to get an idea of you experiences with the big 6" Flared Aero ports vs. a regular slot port, and if any of you feel that the flared Aeros actually make a difference in output.

I really liked how one of my boxes that had them performed, but I don't know if the Aero's helped, or if it would have had the same output with a regular port.

I am bouncing back and forth for what I should do for my next box. It's an extra $35-45 to do the Aero, so I don't know if it's even worth it. Seems like a lot of SPL guys use them, especially externally.

Just list your opinions and experiences. Thanks guys

Refs: Projectpat, XylerB, decipha, blados, protonman, Wlmrs, Nucleareskimo, gl0ck, mobeious, JBizzle (picked up box) mlstrass (box design) Mazzasec (bought 18" RD Alpha from him) SKMFKR: Traded subs Wrenchguy: Sold 18" Q to him. psychoacoustics: bought some bullet horn tweets from him Shinju: bought some 0awg wire from him. Sold a box and 18" HDC318 to chitown_impala. Bought my 2 custom 15's from 99Vic on steave meade forum. NJTStang11- picked up 18" SSX and box from him krispy cream SCAMMED ME $200!!!

2 Pistol Shrimps in a 4.0 cu^ft box tuned to 32 hz for the WIN !!

"You can't compare, don't stare, cause I got the ultimate Mary Jane"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: POLL: Your opinion/experiences on Flared Aero Ports vs. regular slot port

someone has to have a comparison or opinion on this topic

Refs: Projectpat, XylerB, decipha, blados, protonman, Wlmrs, Nucleareskimo, gl0ck, mobeious, JBizzle (picked up box) mlstrass (box design) Mazzasec (bought 18" RD Alpha from him) SKMFKR: Traded subs Wrenchguy: Sold 18" Q to him. psychoacoustics: bought some bullet horn tweets from him Shinju: bought some 0awg wire from him. Sold a box and 18" HDC318 to chitown_impala. Bought my 2 custom 15's from 99Vic on steave meade forum. NJTStang11- picked up 18" SSX and box from him krispy cream SCAMMED ME $200!!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

buuuuuump... I know im not the only one curious on this

roarzorz is offline lulzorz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I use aeros because they take up less displacement, are easier to adjust for fine tuning of your system, and you can very quickly change tuning for a street tune or a competition tune. IMO a well built slot port will perform as well as an aero port.

kovemaster559 is offline Official LOW BALLER!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick824 View Post
    I use aeros because they take up less displacement, are easier to adjust for fine tuning of your system, and you can very quickly change tuning for a street tune or a competition tune. IMO a well built slot port will perform as well as an aero port.
    true i agree . Aeros make life easy

MYSPACEhttp://www.myspace.com/eargasm559
    MY FEEDBACKhttp://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...96#post4669596
    PM ME IF YOU NEED CUSTOM WORK DONE FOR YOU(E.I, DOOR PODS, PANNELS, KICK PODS, anything FiberGLASS

mile098 is offline ohhh noeeeesss

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

x3

HU: kenwood 7534 uy
    front stage: Phase evolution cfs 165
    amp 1: Macaudio fearless 2000
    sub stage:Hifonics Zeus 12z4
    amp 2: rockford fosgate bd 1000.1

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kovemaster559 View Post
    true i agree . Aeros make life easy
    thats why I want one... but at the same time.. its another 40 bucks added onto all the other crap you need for a box

duece212 is offline Buddy Christ!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

***** that they are so expensive, but ontop of what everybody has already said, they also weight alot less than a slot made out of mdf

PV Audio is offline The Vision of Sound

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It all depends on the application and usage. For a SPL setup, and I mean where SPL is the only goal, aeros will win every time for a multitude of reasons (sciency **** that I don't even understand, but have witnessed). For anything else, save the money and just use a slot port.

SeanDub is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I like mine. I made one with a couple of aluminum flares and part of an 8" quickrete tube from Lowe's. I like it, but I have yet to do any testing to determine if it gives me any more dBs.

Metal Flares: http://www.spiralfittings.net/standard%20bellmouth.htm

Deck: Pioneer Premier 880 w/ iPod
    In-dash: AudioControl Epic-150
    Sub: Digital Designs 9515e/f Dual 1.0
    Amp: Atomic 5000.1 @ 0.5 ohm
    Box: 3.85 @ 36 hz with 66 sq in of port

Refs: fwb_1234, Hopes Audio, Louisiana_CRX, astrolade, nhustlar, teamquakecelica, walkychalky, negative3five, TypeRBass, jblanford (x2), massiveaudiocw, KnOkIn It 420, hoss, xtremebassjunky, trow100, MillzThaYungin, IonSQL, matrxx dude, yunvme666, vitveet, PWNED, Team H&K, jk32sho

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

maybe a little... my port right now consists of 1 piece of MDF measuring at 13.5x13.25.... doesnt weight a whole lot at all.

I do like the ability to shorten it though if I want to change tuning.. only problem is once you do that, I dont think there is any way to extend it again if you don't like it.

when tuning with these flared ports, where do you measure from??? just the straight tube part, or do measure from tip to tip w/ the flared ends on?

duece212 is offline Buddy Christ!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I believe the 6" psp flares fit thinwall 6" pvc pipe which is cheap so easy to replace the center tube if need be.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It all depends on the application and usage. For a SPL setup, and I mean where SPL is the only goal, aeros will win every time for a multitude of reasons (sciency **** that I don't even understand, but have witnessed). For anything else, save the money and just use a slot port.
    interesting

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

duece, you have PM

RAM_Designs is offline SketchUp Master

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    440 Post(s)

I like using slot ports because they're free and the help brace the box.

1,400+ designs since March 2011...
    I have my PM's turned off, please email at [email protected]

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Tag List