Closed Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Reload Thread: Mounting Depth help

  1. #1
    bad03ranger's Avatar
    bad03ranger is offline Get Some *****



    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Reidsville, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    308
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Mounting Depth help

    i need help finding the mounting depth of this box im new to this stuff so im not sure what i have i will be using 5/8 MDF thanks for any help, the BD will be 8" i forgot to put that on the drawing srry i was rushing to do this one







  2. #2
    bad03ranger's Avatar
    bad03ranger is offline Get Some *****

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Reidsville, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    308
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mounting Depth help

    anybody? i dont have the box built yet so i just cant go out and measure are there other dim. needed




  3. #3
    geowick07's Avatar
    geowick07 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Warren, Michigan, United States
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,027
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mounting Depth help

    If the box depth is 8", then the internal depth will be 8" - 5/8" - 5/8".
    Which equals 6 3/4" roughly.
    Is that what you mean?




  4. #4
    bad03ranger's Avatar
    bad03ranger is offline Get Some *****

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Reidsville, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    308
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mounting Depth help

    no im looking for the sub mounting depth for this box- i need to know the deepest sub i can fit in the box ,the TD is 3" and BD is 8" H is 11"




  5. #5
    Mr Cabinetry's Avatar
    Mr Cabinetry is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Willow Grove, PA
    Posts
    392
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mounting Depth help

    Quote Originally Posted by bad03ranger View Post
    no im looking for the sub mounting depth for this box- i need to know the deepest sub i can fit in the box ,the TD is 3" and BD is 8" H is 11"
    Honestly, no one's going to be able to answer this questions simply because your going to need to know the subwoofer's physical dimensions to check if the subwoofer's motor/magnet will or will hit the interior back of the enclosure given the subwoofers mounting depth.

    Basically, this is what I am talking about: Though the dimensions of the enclosure's are not identical, it illustrates the issue of the subwoofer's dimensions as they relate to the mount depth clearance.
    vs




  6. #6
    bad03ranger's Avatar
    bad03ranger is offline Get Some *****

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Reidsville, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    308
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mounting Depth help

    i dont have the magnet depth only the full mounting depth
    these are two subs im looking into- unless theres something else that will work better in my application and i do want to port this box i will be running 2-8s or 1-10
    JL8W3V3
    Nominal Diameter-8.0 in. / 200 mm
    Overall Diameter-8.54 in. / 217 mm
    Mounting Hole Diameter-7.09 in. / 180 mm
    Bolt Hole Circle-7.85 in. / 199 mm
    Magnet Diameter- 4.75 in. / 121 mm
    Mounting Depth -4.63 in. / 118 mm

    JL10W3V3
    Nominal Diameter-10.0 in. / 250 mm
    Overall Diameter-10.5 in. / 267 mm
    Mounting Hole Diameter-9.0625 in. / 230 mm
    Bolt Hole Circle-9.7 in. / 246.5 mm
    Magnet Diameter- 5.25 in. / 133 mm
    Mounting Depth -5.93 in. / 151 mm

    Edit:
    will RLI-8s fit

    thanks for the replys
    Last edited by bad03ranger; 05-21-2008 at 08:38 PM.




  7. #7
    Mr Cabinetry's Avatar
    Mr Cabinetry is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Willow Grove, PA
    Posts
    392
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mounting Depth help

    Quote Originally Posted by bad03ranger View Post
    i dont have the magnet depth only the full mounting depth
    these are two subs im looking into- unless theres something else that will work better in my application and i do want to port this box i will be running 2-8s or 1-10
    JL8W3V3
    Nominal Diameter-8.0 in. / 200 mm
    Overall Diameter-8.54 in. / 217 mm
    Mounting Hole Diameter-7.09 in. / 180 mm
    Bolt Hole Circle-7.85 in. / 199 mm
    Magnet Diameter- 4.75 in. / 121 mm
    Mounting Depth -4.63 in. / 118 mm

    JL10W3V3
    Nominal Diameter-10.0 in. / 250 mm
    Overall Diameter-10.5 in. / 267 mm
    Mounting Hole Diameter-9.0625 in. / 230 mm
    Bolt Hole Circle-9.7 in. / 246.5 mm
    Magnet Diameter- 5.25 in. / 133 mm
    Mounting Depth -5.93 in. / 151 mm

    Edit:
    will RLI-8s fit

    thanks for the replys
    Nope, none of them will fit, I checked the physical dims of the subs to the dims you have for the enclosure.

    You could fit the JL8W3V3, BUT, you will need to increase the TD to 3 3/4" to do it and have the cutouts located exactly on the front angled baffle to clear the interior back and bottom of the enclosure by 1/4".

    That measurement is 5 1/4" from the bottom on the front baffle. Where you locate the subwoofer centers from the sides is your preference.

    BTW, your design looks errielly similar to an enclosure I built in the past.

    3 JL Audio 10w6 subwoofers




  8. #8
    bad03ranger's Avatar
    bad03ranger is offline Get Some *****

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Reidsville, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    308
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mounting Depth help

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cabinetry View Post
    You could fit the JL8W3V3, BUT, you will need to increase the TD to 3 3/4" to do it and have the cutouts located exactly on the front angled baffle to clear the interior back and bottom of the enclosure by 1/4".
    If i do a TD of 4" will i need to be exact on my sub center or just closer to the bottom rather than center of the box the 3" is with seats all the way back and layed as far as they can i can slide foward a bit but not much




  9. #9
    Mr Cabinetry's Avatar
    Mr Cabinetry is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Willow Grove, PA
    Posts
    392
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mounting Depth help

    If you do a 4" TD that will give you alittle more clearance for mounting depth.

    The 5 1/4" I referred to is the vertical center height measuring from the bottom edge on the front angle baffle to located the center of the subwoofer cutout.




Closed Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum