Closed Thread

Reload Thread: For You Experienced Types: 99-03 Mustang Speaker Installation Possiblities

Omega Supreme is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For You Experienced Types: 99-03 Mustang Speaker Installation Possiblities

Ford - in their infinte wisdom - are using 6x8 speakers in the front doors, as well as in the back deck (hardtop). Does anybody know if the 6x8 holes (particularly in the front) can accept 6.5-inch speakers?
    What I was thinking might be cool (ideally) is to get some Q-Form kickpanels (if they still make em), and try to cram 6.5" speakers in those (only made for 5.25, I think), with the tweeter, and then put midbass (from a 3-way system) into the factory slots in the door (or maybe put the 6.5 in the factory slot, and the midbass & tweet in the Q-Form).
    As for the back, I'd like to get 6.5" separates, as well - or at least 6x9's. Anybody ever done one of these bears before? ~J

Bumpin03 is offline James Madison University

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: For You Experienced Types: 99-03 Mustang Speaker Installation Possiblities

Originally posted by Omega Supreme
    Ford - in their infinte wisdom - are using 6x8 speakers in the front doors, as well as in the back deck (hardtop). Does anybody know if the 6x8 holes (particularly in the front) can accept 6.5-inch speakers?
    What I was thinking might be cool (ideally) is to get some Q-Form kickpanels (if they still make em), and try to cram 6.5" speakers in those (only made for 5.25, I think), with the tweeter, and then put midbass (from a 3-way system) into the factory slots in the door (or maybe put the 6.5 in the factory slot, and the midbass & tweet in the Q-Form).
    As for the back, I'd like to get 6.5" separates, as well - or at least 6x9's. Anybody ever done one of these bears before? ~J
    yes you can get 6.5's in the 6x8 hole. as for getting them into the q-forms...im not sure.

- Bumpin03 -
    06 Nissan Altima 2.5s
    Pioneer Premier 740mp
    Kicker RS5 Components
    Kicker 6x9's
    2 12" AA Assassins
    Profile CL1200

Randy Savage is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    All it would take is a piece of MDF to make yourself an adaptor plate for the doors to fit a 6.5" woofer- make a cut out of the current speaker hole- and within that make a cut for the hole on the 6.5", and just slap that in the door.

As for the !- Logic kicks, I've heard they are very faulty and not made too well- might want to look into designing your own kicks from fiberglass...

My'97Ram is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what i did with my '94 ranger was fiberglass over the 6X8 holes and cut my own 6.5 in hole in the door. but you have to be careful with the depth of the speaker and how far the lip of the speaker comes out or you'll push the door panel out

Radio Shack- "You've got questions, we can personally care less."

Closed Thread

User Tag List