0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Subwoofer box design and Qts value

Gday everyone,
    Just a quick question...
    I was reading on another website (http://www.diysubwoofers.org/prt/) that ported boxes should really only be for subwoofers with a Qts below 0.5 (or preferably 0.4). I havent seen this anywhere else and cant find it anywhere else on this forum. I was wondering if this is true? And how valid do you think it is? It makes sense in my head when i think about all the definitions, but i'm just surprised i haven't read it anywhere else?
    My sub has a Qts of 0.72, its a pioneer 12inch, 800 watt. I was planning on building a ported box, but not so sure now...

Cheers,
    Jules

Oh, and another question... would a sealed box that is closer to the upper recommended volume (2.0 cu.ft) sound more like a ported box than if i built it closer to the minimum size (1.0cu.ft)? Or is it just always better to build for the recommended size (1.5cu.ft). I have a large station wagon (estate), so space isnt an issue. (i also realize that people probably have different opinions but I'm sure they'll all help me decide!)

Thanks again!
    Last edited by Jules333; 05-17-2008 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Added another question

Jules333 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Subwoofer box design and Qts value

bump!
    (need some quick feedback so i can choose and start building either a sealed or ported box!)
    Cheers

Closed Thread

User Tag List