Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Help with port length

BurnerOfHells is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Help with port length

Since the top and bottom of the port are box walls how should i determine the proper port length?

What im wondering about is end correction. Do i use the typical one half the port width for end correction or since there are 2 sides of the port that are box wall do i do something else.

Heres a picture of what the box and port look like
    [IMG]
    http://members.shaw.ca/m-steele/boxport.jpg
    [/IMG]

I have looked at the info at

http://www.carstereo.com/help2/Articles.cfm?id=31
    and
    http://www.carstereo.com/help2/Articles.cfm?id=33

basically it seems as though this end correction can only be used on a port that only has one of its walls part of the box not 2. What is the proper end correction i should use?

96civ is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Help with port length

Are you talking about a cylindrical port or a slot port? I don't think you need to adjust for the top and bottom of the port for the slot port, but that's only because I've never heard of it.

PowerNaudio is offline the power of audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Help with port length

for one, make sure that the distance between the back wall and the inside port opening end, is grater then the width of the port. that way you dont have to apply port correction or even calculate the new length you have added to the port by making that distance equal to the port width which makes the port longer.

if the distance from the back wall to the inside port opening end is the same or less then the width of the port, then your concern should be, calculating actual port length since it will actually be longer. then what it physically seems like and it would be more like a T style port, which i dont know how to calculate.

sorry if that made no sense to you or helped. lol
    laters

AIM:powernaudio,yahoo:powernaudio,email address: powernaudio at gmail.com contact me if you need any help.

Portafolio
    builds
    more builds
    saturn l300 build
    videos

References:Mr.Loki,dubbinjet,trucktoy,fancynapkin, netherland,Datdudedru,hockey1playa33,
    donbon86,PhatTonyDeMar,Saywhat?,vosschs,ChuckKlock er,budlightman361,baseballer1100,elslug,
    bdogg321,projectpat06,eatank,BodegaBay,playboyclic ,cbrrocketrdr,iwanturmags,pboulos,DaBeholder,
    bholtmeier,beatthis27,OldManTod,MTXman,Gianotti.

Closed Thread