Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Door speaker install help:>(

Jasil is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Door speaker install help:>(

I've read, read, and read and cannot find the answer!! Do people use a sealed enclosure for their components in the doors? I've read some people buy XTC foam baffles and stiffen them, other use plastic baffles, others use the doors airspace and just plexi the holes and use lots of sound deadener.

My current plan is to just insulate the inner/outer skins, make MDF rings and mount the speaker onto that with acoustic foam behind the 6.5" in the door and not seal it and use artist clay to seal around the MDF.

Is this good enough? Any input would be great I'm tired of searching and will not build kick panels I want the doors to look 100% stock.

Thaks a million

mlstrass is online now Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Re: Door speaker install help:>(

"Most" door speakers are designed to be mounted IB, so no enclosure is required. Just deaden the door and be done with it.

I prefer "rope caulk" for sealing the speakers to the doors. Can be found at any HD/Menards etc... in the weatherstripping section. Few bucks for a roll of it. Won't get brittle or mushy...

mil81 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am also wondering this. I currently have 6x9's in the stock location of my 2006 Dodge 3500. I want to get a nice set of 6.5" Components, and was under the impression that "pods" were the best way to mount the woofers. I was planning on glassing a pod that changed the direction of the speakers, as well as sealing in the woofer.

Is it a bad idea to seal in the woofer?

SethPhillips is offline I'sa Playa

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i used the XTC baffles in my door's allong with ALLOT OF sound deadner, but i cut the bottem half of my XTC baffle out to make it IB in the door but protect the speaker from any kind of water dripping down threw my door seal

Closed Thread