Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Help me design a box!

deano17 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Help me design a box!

So at the moment I'm working with frankenbox. I have a dual 10 center ported box which had the holes cut bigger for 2 12's. I bought it from my friend so I had SOMETHING to put my 12" kicker CVR in. It was only $15 so not a big loss and it's better than nothing. To make it work I put my CVR in one side and put my friend's dead sub in the other side to keep the air from coming through that hole.

Anyways, I'm getting a second CVR and I want to build a decent enclosure. Can anyone help me out? I want to check out a few different ideas I have and get some feedback. This setup is in the trunk of a 99 nissan altima. I was thinking either the normal subs back, port back or subs up and port back(mostly so i can shove some stuff in my trunk still if necessary). Suggestions are welcome.

I have some rough dimensions for the box but I will get more specific ones tomorrow.

Height: ~19 in
    Depth: ~17 in
    Width: ~38 in

I'm thinking about going with a 33hz tuning frequency and ~4 cubes

I have a kicker zx750.1 powering them and birthsheet says 840 watts rms, so I guess each sub will see a little over 400 watts.

I listen to mostly rap and screamo/metal(and the occasional techno song)

I tried using the calculator on subwoofertools to calculate a box design but I don't know how great it is.

Any help will be appreciated because I'm new to box building. Thanks!

psych0ticnemes1 is offline Psych0tic Customs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Re: Help me design a box!

I'll design a box for you. Send me a pm.

References:

Ali1, michaellane, cadillac114, chasinSKURT, DaRevrin, rhuff80, sam yung, The215, tukn18s, Xenophontos,nuboot,jfitz97,LuckyDerDer 2x

deano17 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Help me design a box!

those dimensions were about right. they are the max dimensions though so anything less than that. if you can give me exact numbers i will measure because the back of the seat is slanted so depending on how high the box is, i can have the depth be more or less. i want either subs/port up or subs/port back.

also, for the box i'm building and the box i have now, i bought "L" brackets to mount the box to the floor. should i just get some thick board and cut it to the shape of the trunk floor and mount the box to it? whats the best way to secure the sub box. mine slides around a lot, but it is a smaller box than the one i will be building so maybe I won't have a problem with the new one.

Closed Thread