Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Port opening and rear trunk wall distance.

tez4life is offline Premium Member tez4life is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Port opening and rear trunk wall distance.

If I were doing a CRX style box in the trunk of my car, how close could I position the port before it became a issue with output? Is there a general rule that applies?

2004 Ford Crown Victoria

Alpine 9887 HU
    Stock 5x7 door speakers

System is a work in progress.

IDSkoT is offline Resonating Reticular

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Port opening and rear trunk wall distance.

People generally like to keep it at 10" or more... but it really doesn't matter from what I've seen. I've seen people with the box so close to the closing it's amazing that the sub is able to reach it's xmax

Now designing / building boxes.
    (Only building sealed and aero port boxes.)
    PM me.

Feedback Thread

Refs: MSW Danny, atsaubrey (great seller), ampjunkielikeme, wgsj_fortvalley, tEh koRnDog, bad @SS chevy, Nismos14 (who is the man. )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mathematically, you just need to keep your port a distance greater than the width of the port away from the window. If it's any closer your sub will "think" that the window is just an extension of your port and it will raise your tuning frequency.

2006 Chevrolet Silverado - Crew Cab Z71
    Kicker ZX 750.1
    Four 8" RE RE's

Bought from: Jamaica2G, Ayrton, Prowler573, netherland24, tRiGgEr, BassBEAST88, HCCAfan, HOAX_1
    Sold to: James Bang, dkguitarist, Scoobydoo, ~Magick_Man~, BigEM, lostsoul, sephiroth619, Skip01, squeak12, CELLERBR, bvr_j_0969, OneKrazyKeebler, negativezeroz
    Traded with: Apollyon, zachzchw, jmanpc
    eBay: pmk0024 - 100% positive

themommyvan is offline Special Olympics winner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maldecido33 View Post
    Mathematically, you just need to keep your port a distance greater than the width of the port away from the window. If it's any closer your sub will "think" that the window is just an extension of your port and it will raise your tuning frequency.

X2

refs: silver02alty,gordos420,hc3_cuz,bad @SS chevy ,Wkbdkid,Kingdell91,Lax916,Viveet,hoodkid, skilla22,profundus-sanus, Rashaddd,99grandprixGT,BigPimpin91 .More I cant remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenics View Post
    What you're getting with a ca.com poll is a consensus from a large number of wealthy, attractive, successful young men -- who are morally and ethically dignified.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTs MothernLaw View Post
    MoT likes it when I **** him with the strap on.

tez4life is offline Premium Member tez4life is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IDSkoT View Post
    People generally like to keep it at 10" or more... but it really doesn't matter from what I've seen. I've seen people with the box so close to the closing it's amazing that the sub is able to reach it's xmax
    Quote Originally Posted by themommyvan View Post
    X2

Thats what I figured. I could either fire the woofers up or toward the rear, but I was planning on firing my port toward the rear regardless. I may have to break that rule by a inch or two to matain proper airspace inside my enclosure.

Thanks alot for the info guys!

2004 Ford Crown Victoria

Alpine 9887 HU
    Stock 5x7 door speakers

System is a work in progress.

MikeyB is offline CarAudio.com Addict

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by themommyvan View Post
    X2
    x3

Refs- hessdawg, Pepsifiend69, iltoivfe, ownage9, lifted95blaze, Buckshot, da box king, Po.Sic, baseballer1100, vetkilr, dkguitarist, Queball, qtipextra, LaserRed38, 350_regal, RidnClean, BushJ311 and a bunch more...

Closed Thread