Closed Thread

Reload Thread: First One Note Wonder

soloXgt is offline Dinkum Flicka

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

First One Note Wonder

okay, her is what I got. 4.5 cubes tuned to 58.5hz. 100sq.in. of port area (9.84 inches deep). 11.4 db gain over arbitrary point set by program at 62hz (WinISD). this is my first time using a program like this and designing a box like this. hopefully this box will be **** *** loud, but only in a super narrow freq range....comments? suggestion?? sub is a treo ssx at @2200rms

HU: AVIC-F90BT
    Sub: 15" Treo SSX
    Amp: MTX TE4001D
    Front: Eclipse SC 8365 x 2
    Amp: Audison LRX 250.2

Quote Originally Posted by jmanpc View Post
    JL attracts hood rats
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugnutz View Post
    It has to do with evolution. The blacks have not yet fully evolved from monkey to the current white human. They are in a transition state. That is why they are not very intelligent and have barbaric instincts that cause them to commit crime. It is just the monkey in them.

REFS griffin850, Safe_Cracker, Kamikazekyle05, Korn4Life, blaze383..others on ROE also

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: First One Note Wonder

peaky as hell....hence one note wonder

JL attracts hood rats
    It has to do with evolution. The blacks have not yet fully evolved from monkey to the current white human. They are in a transition state. That is why they are not very intelligent and have barbaric instincts that cause them to commit crime. It is just the monkey in them.

REFS griffin850, Safe_Cracker, Kamikazekyle05, Korn4Life, blaze383..others on ROE also

galacticmonkey is offline Wants a button like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is SPL... Not Computer Concepts.

Go build a box at a starting point. Is this a 15? 18? 12? Try a box thats a little smaller than you would go for a musical enclosure, put on some more port (try to get close to 16-18sq in per cu ft), and tune anywhere from 8-15hz below the resonant frequency.

Then go meter it. See what works, see what doesnt. It it looks like the box needs to be a little small, add some stuff in the box to take up room. If you think it needs to be tuned higher, make the port shorted.

A computer cant tell you whats going to be loud. Only way to know is to test.

Theres this guy I know who used to run extreme class with 4 18s... He was doin a 174 a while back. As he told me: SPL is a shot in the dark. Your guess is as good as mine. Just build it. If its not loud, build it again and make it louder. If its loud, build it again and make it even louder.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

thanks gmonk doesn't seem like a hard box to build. can always make it with a tunable port to see what works best.....

JL attracts hood rats

tommyk90 is offline THE WHOLE THING!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by galacticmonkey View Post

Go build a box at a starting point. Is this a 15? 18? 12? Try a box thats a little smaller than you would go for a musical enclosure, put on some more port (try to get close to 16-18sq in per cu ft), and tune anywhere from 8-15hz below the resonant frequency.

Then go meter it. See what works, see what doesnt. It it looks like the box needs to be a little small, add some stuff in the box to take up room. If you think it needs to be tuned higher, make the port shorted.

Theres this guy I know who used to run extreme class with 4 18s... He was doin a 174 a while back. As he told me: SPL is a shot in the dark. Your guess is as good as mine. Just build it. If its not loud, build it again and make it louder. If its loud, build it again and make it even louder.
    Going to have to agree here.

I've never used a box program to design an SPL enclosure. It all comes down to just building and testing. If SPL was as easy as punching in a few numbers in a program and building a box, then everyone would be loud.

Team Kicker (R.I.P.)
    Team Sundown
    Team Maxxsonics
    Team XS Power
    Team DD
    Team Audio Technix
    Team B2 Audio
    Team Mechman
    Team Tantric Sounds

2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion
    2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, DB1, S2, S3, S4)

One DD 9510 powered by two Sundown SAZ-2500's
    Kicker KS tweeters, MB Quart 5.25's active on an MB Quart DSC480
    Kicker wiring throughout.

J31Rob is offline CarTune Netwerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tommyk90 View Post
    Going to have to agree here.

I've never used a box program to design an SPL enclosure. It all comes down to just building and testing. If SPL was as easy as punching in a few numbers in a program and building a box, then everyone would be loud.

the FUNK / facebook.com/The.Funk.765
    CarTune Netwerk / facebook.com/cartune.netwerk0

Alpine / Sundown Audio / Sound Solutions Audio
    Audio Technix / CT Sounds / Execution Audio

18inchjeepin is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

spl is a freakin shot in the dark, I have a box tuned to 49 but it peaks @ 44hz
    I retuned the ports to 40 hz, and it beaked at 43 hz, it has baffled me and jerry

Silver HHR - 155.1 db

TEAM SOUNDSTREAM
    XS Power
    REFS:jeeper07,thegreatestpenn,TeamPSI(x3),dbman150,bad @SS chevy,tommyk90,*GQ*,THXdts, XxSuperAdamxX,fatboyracing,gymfreak101,LTnChynadol l,amartin_72,avs20,Twisted_0912
    SOLD TO: Kold_Killa,GMCJimmyslt2000,skitzafit,ravens9322,wE rd,jeramydean,Shinju,the12voltsux,gammey4,camaroau dio69,bigwheel15
    TRADED: RnK1026,wasted ink

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

solid. to the basement i go this week to throw this thing together and see whats up. let u know what happens...

JL attracts hood rats

IDSkoT is offline Resonating Reticular

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by galacticmonkey View Post

pictures or

Now designing / building boxes.
    (Only building sealed and aero port boxes.)
    PM me.

Feedback Thread

Refs: MSW Danny, atsaubrey (great seller), ampjunkielikeme, wgsj_fortvalley, tEh koRnDog, bad @SS chevy, Nismos14 (who is the man. )

peas247 is offline Hookers on the Point

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

you know where to go to get it meterd

refs - dumple(x2), banginexplorer, r/t pimp (x2), select127, joey2714, rollerdj, lincolntc690, psychoacoustics, mk_, boltpride, SHiZNiLTi, pr-festiva, emaxaudio, yunvme666, Coolwazabi, ssackett, JBGabriel, Mike465, avs20, siddle, DDbump, Andrizzle, SPY, gentlejax, Act Audio, bagged97tacoma ...............

Closed Thread