Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Crazy Slot Port Shape. Only need to know how tall I have to make it to get 8cubes NET

WOT
    WOT is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Crazy Slot Port Shape. Only need to know how tall I have to make it to get 8cubes NET

I made the base of my subwoofer box and wrote down the numbers.

So Im building a slot port box tomorrow for 2 audioque SDC 15"s. I need 8 cubes NET, thats including port displacement and sub displacement. I DONT think that includes the thickness of the wood though right?Im not sure. I will be using 3/4" MDF though, and the numbers I wrote in the diagram are the MAX outside perimeter numbers, I simply cut a piece of old carpet to fit perfectly between the wheel wells and such and measured it.

So Ive got the base, I just dont know how to accurately calculate internal area or a weird shape box like that. So I really just need to know how TALL to make the box, total height including the baffle I suppose that would make the box equal EXACTLY or very close to 8 cubic feet. Any help is appreciated.

I was in direct contact with DJ and he gave me those internal numbers, he said I would like a 40hz tune, 128" of port area, 16" deep. SO id make the port as tall as the back of the box and use the top and bottom baffle as port walls and just go as wide as I need to get the 128" of area....

Just need to know how tall I have to make the box to start I guess. Pics to come tomorrow afternoon

SPY
    SPY is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Crazy Slot Port Shape. Only need to know how tall I have to make it to get 8cubes

13.4" tall gives you like 7.998 ft^3

WOT
    WOT is offline Banned

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Crazy Slot Port Shape. Only need to know how tall I have to make it to get 8cubes

That includes the wood and 13.4" is total height baffleto baffle?

SPY
    SPY is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That does not include the wood in the height, I accounted for the wood on the sides but the total height incuding a single baffle would be 14.9"

Closed Thread

User Tag List