Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Dodge Ram: Box Volume for 2 12" L7s

tj1320 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dodge Ram: Box Volume for 2 12" L7s

I recently purchased a '98 Dodge Ram Quad Cab and I need to know how much volume I need per sub in a sealed box to get the best results.

I am willing to give up the entire extended cab area and take the back seat completely out if I need to. They are the 2006 models and I will be running them with a 1200 watt JBL amp. I will be downfiring the subs like I did when I had my old Chevy extended cab truck. This will be a daily driver setup and it will not be in any competitions of any kind. I'm looking for a combination of SQ and the ability to get loud as well. SQL I guess.

I read on Kicker's site that the MAX sealed enclosure volume for the 12" models is no more than 2.0 cubic feet. This seems small to me so what would you guys recommend for me? 3.0? 4.0 per sub? If you need any more info to give me an answer, just let me know.

Also, I listen to country, hard rock, and some hip hop every now and then.

hoodkid is offline Got bang?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Dodge Ram: Box Volume for 2 12" L7s

if you have the room go ported....anywhere to 5-6 cubes net tuned to around 34hz will give you a good mixture of sql

References

Showrides (Bought an MD2) , Strong*I*bumpin (Bought some 6x9's), Flakko, NMBR1SPT (Sold Us Amps MD2 to), keefey248 ( Traded Amps twice), 15nissen (Bought Type R off him), cgraz1187 (Bought my Alpine Amp) pboulos (Bought my American Bass XD1800) kylec (Bought Orion 2500d from him) MK3XXX (Traded Amps for a KX2500.1)(
    New Setup:
    (2) Kicker CVX 15's, (1) Kicker KX2500.1 (1) PG RSD 6.5 Components (1) Set PG RSD 6x9's (1) Crunch 1400.4 Amp (1) Kicker 0/1 hyperFlex Wire (1) 200 Amp Alternator (1) Yellow Top (1) Pioneer 6800 (1) 6.5^ @ 34hz
    ......Coming Soon

tj1320 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Dodge Ram: Box Volume for 2 12" L7s

Thanks for the response. By "net", I'm assuming you mean the total volume for the two subs? IOW, 2.5-3 cubic feet per sub. If this is right then I should be able to fit that size of a box back there pretty easily.

Closed Thread