Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 99 Ranger interior

eric12421 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

99 Ranger interior

Hey guys,
    I just bought a 1999 Ford Ranger Standard Cab. I just ordered two AA Assassins, there 10's...But I'm trying to get some dimensions that I can work with and I read on Rangerpowersports.com that taking out the carpet that was in between the two side plastics peices you can gain almost an inch in depth...so I did that but in the two back corners are these plastic peices, They have the stock 5x8's in them. I dont plan on having rear fill and was going to disconnect these anyway, but my question is, Do you think it would be worth it to cut the plastic peices, in order to 1) simplify the box build and 2) to gain that extra space?

1999 Ford Ranger 2.3l 5 speed Standard Cab
    Alpine CDA-9815
    Boston Pro 60's
    Ascendant Audio Arsenal 10"
    1.2 cubic feet @33 hertz

Refs: dB Dom, mike11202, sundownz, jblayz1, Skip01, andreilopez, XaznKewLguyX, jfa1177, HawaiianBassHed, shiftmx6, j0ne, JiggaD369, criswrld

iDesignBoxes is offline This many.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 99 Ranger interior

i had an '00 std cab and you pretty much have to cut them out to get any decent size box in there, especially w/ 2 subs... i ended up getting a set of mustang buckets and putting a single 10 in the center in a sealed box and 6x9's in boxes facing up on either side of it...

eric12421 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 99 Ranger interior

Yea, I'm gonna end up cutting them, actually I'm gonna do it today. But I've got that **** 60/40 bench but I was reading on rangerpowersports.com and they found a way to convert it to two buckets and its rather easy...so I'll post up some pics when I'm done.

1999 Ford Ranger 2.3l 5 speed Standard Cab
    Alpine CDA-9815
    Boston Pro 60's
    Ascendant Audio Arsenal 10"
    1.2 cubic feet @33 hertz

Refs: dB Dom, mike11202, sundownz, jblayz1, Skip01, andreilopez, XaznKewLguyX, jfa1177, HawaiianBassHed, shiftmx6, j0ne, JiggaD369, criswrld

Closed Thread