Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need opinions on new system...

ImmortalFreak91 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need opinions on new system...

I didn't realize I wrote a novel here until I was finished, but please read on and help me out a bit, I'd really appreciate it!

To start, I do not know the first thing about any of this Car Audio stuff. I've heard good things about Phoenix Gold, JL Audio, Exile, Focal, and Hertz stuff from some guys that are pretty credible. Granted, most of the equipment from those brands is expensive (out of my current price range), as you get what you pay for I'd assume.

Anyhow, so today I bought a Kole Audio QX2-980 - $120
    (http://tinyurl.com/3ct8y6)

And 2 10" Scosche EFX Hyperdrive subs - $70 ea, $140 total
    (http://tinyurl.com/2uh9xy)

Anyway, the point is I am having some second thoughts about what I purchased as I think maybe I have rushed into this. Like I said I am new to all of this so I really don't know what to look for. I looked online after I bought this stuff for some reviews, but I think I found a total of like 3 or 4, one of which was stating Kole is terrible.

So, I want some of your opinions? Did I jump into this too fast, and if so (I will return this stuff if necessary, as I haven't done anything but take these things out of the box and look at them) what is a better route to choose?

My problem is I want the stuff now rather than waiting 2 pay checks and getting good quality stuff. My question is, if these subs/amp are garbage, what should I do assuming I want to get my system up and running as fast as I can (but at the same time having some good equipment)?
    Last edited by ImmortalFreak91; 02-12-2008 at 01:17 AM.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need opinions on new system...

Before someone asks, I drive a '00 Ford Ranger, I am not willing to give up my back seat so what we plan to do is build a box that sits under the jump seats and goes from door to door in the back. I'll just have people be VERY careful when sitting back there.

I don't need anything too bumpin', I just want a reliable system that hits relatively hard and will last a while... And at the same time I want my back seat. 10"s will do just fine.

gladiator_jai is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how many threads u gonna post dude???

Feedback Thread - http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313522

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How do you delete a thread? Been looking for 10 minutes, it's killing me.

Closed Thread