Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Inverting a AQ hdc315

btdickey99 is offline I Hate the Tarheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Inverting a AQ hdc315

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with inverting it... I plan on puttin it in a net box of 3.01 cu ft tuned to 36 and wanting to get a little more space....Just wondering how this would affect it if any(obviously would affect tuning) but how much better/worse would it sound/perform?

Thanks for the help and any information is great.

2000 Chevy Silverado 4x4

REFS: texasound82, duece212, flipside1212, l7runner, oxsign, tapout, Busabob, NightDrifter05, GOOSE, GohillaAudio, jmanpc, fwb_1234, Fusion_Freak, arkadiy, LoggedOut, Kmanian, KyleBechtold, Beerdrnkr, R/T Pimp, Louie68, dropped_tb, audiobaun, Psychodrama, JBLCAMRY, yunvme666, Buckyboy, CRXBMPN, bpres9991, Worlddre, KCha, operationcougar, Vitveet, and many more...

WrenchGuy is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Inverting a AQ hdc315

Inverting usually enhances mechanical noise. You get more usable space but the noise is a factor. Thats something to think about but someone may know more about this sub in particular.

SeanDub is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Search: Inverting

Results on first page:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...ight=inverting

It's called understanding that most questions have already been asked. So here is your research done for you.

Deck: Pioneer Premier 880 w/ iPod
    In-dash: AudioControl Epic-150
    Sub: Digital Designs 9515e/f Dual 1.0
    Amp: Atomic 5000.1 @ 0.5 ohm
    Box: 3.85 @ 36 hz with 66 sq in of port

Refs: fwb_1234, Hopes Audio, Louisiana_CRX, astrolade, nhustlar, teamquakecelica, walkychalky, negative3five, TypeRBass, jblanford (x2), massiveaudiocw, KnOkIn It 420, hoss, xtremebassjunky, trow100, MillzThaYungin, IonSQL, matrxx dude, yunvme666, vitveet, PWNED, Team H&K, jk32sho

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

have already done a search, and thanx Seandub...I have learned that the noise is the biggest thing but have also read that in a trunked car that you usually dont hear it...I was ore or less wondering about the hdc3 in general...does it have more noise than most, or what?

and sorry about placing this thread in the wrong spot

2000 Chevy Silverado 4x4

REFS: texasound82, duece212, flipside1212, l7runner, oxsign, tapout, Busabob, NightDrifter05, GOOSE, GohillaAudio, jmanpc, fwb_1234, Fusion_Freak, arkadiy, LoggedOut, Kmanian, KyleBechtold, Beerdrnkr, R/T Pimp, Louie68, dropped_tb, audiobaun, Psychodrama, JBLCAMRY, yunvme666, Buckyboy, CRXBMPN, bpres9991, Worlddre, KCha, operationcougar, Vitveet, and many more...

SeanDub is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by btdickey99 View Post
    have already done a search, and thanx Seandub...I have learned that the noise is the biggest thing but have also read that in a trunked car that you usually dont hear it...I was ore or less wondering about the hdc3 in general...does it have more noise than most, or what?

and sorry about placing this thread in the wrong spot
    As far as specific HDC3 inversion, it is probably to early to have many reports to look at. However, most people say that the HDC3 has a lot of mechanical noise before it breaks in, and IgnoreMe (George) says his still has not gone away completely. Therefore, it is clear that if the noise is audible and noiceable when the subs are installed normally, the noise will be even more apparent if the sub is installed inverted. That's what I would be concerned about.

Deck: Pioneer Premier 880 w/ iPod
    In-dash: AudioControl Epic-150
    Sub: Digital Designs 9515e/f Dual 1.0
    Amp: Atomic 5000.1 @ 0.5 ohm
    Box: 3.85 @ 36 hz with 66 sq in of port

Refs: fwb_1234, Hopes Audio, Louisiana_CRX, astrolade, nhustlar, teamquakecelica, walkychalky, negative3five, TypeRBass, jblanford (x2), massiveaudiocw, KnOkIn It 420, hoss, xtremebassjunky, trow100, MillzThaYungin, IonSQL, matrxx dude, yunvme666, vitveet, PWNED, Team H&K, jk32sho

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I actually remember him mentioning that in one of his threads. I do appreciate the help and taking time with this thread

2000 Chevy Silverado 4x4

Closed Thread