Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: I want to make a box like this..need some insight

e22s is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I want to make a box like this..need some insight

what materials (i.e. pexi glass size, ect.) would i need and does it need to be a certain length width and hight if i want it ported? it is going in a chrsyler 300 and im thinking of putting 2 12" type r's.

or can someone design one for me and how much?

thanks for the help

with the see through back

Head Unit:
    Subs: (2) 12" dual 4 ohm Alpine Type R's
    Amp: Orion 1200d
    Componets: *coming soon*
    6X9's: *coming soon*
    Amp: *coming soon*

bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: I want to make a box like this..need some insight

honestly ... for what is seems your enclosure knowledge is...to get that box, you should hire a professional. Just being honest because it seems like your box building knowledge isn't that great...and that could be a very complicated box design.

Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

JLJunkieMX107 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I built a box similar to this. You will need at least 1" thick plexiglass so it wont flex. That usually costs around 50-70 a sheet. The total cost of the box I built was around $120 plus about 5 hours build time.

Everything's better with a FREAK

PV Audio is offline The Vision of Sound

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by e22s View Post
    what materials (i.e. pexi glass size, ect.) would i need and does it need to be a certain length width and hight if i want it ported? it is going in a chrsyler 300 and im thinking of putting 2 12" type r's.

or can someone design one for me and how much?

thanks for the help

with the see through back
    With the most blatant honesty possible: you don't know enough yet to build that yet. All you see is the pretty aesthetics, but not the work and mathematics behind it. Yes, it does need to be a certain width and height, and depth and volume and literally hundreds of other things to be ported for your specific vehicle and those specific speakers.

Anniku989 is offline Thats what she said

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Assuming thats a center slot port, I wonder where its firing...

TEAM CACO
    *Pio 780mp
    *ID CTX65CS
    *Sundown 50.4
    *Hybrid 18" (Treo CSX basket/motor)
    *Sundown 3000d
    *7.5cubes, four 6" aeros
    *2/0 Gauge, Big3
    *Kinetik 1800 x2
    *Mechman alt
    *151.1 tl legal

Ref's: jailhouseracer8 ; ILoveBass ; bumpincrv ; gordos420 ; 01 S 10 ; riogigalo ; PsychoTheRapist ; blackbonnie ; na_rsx ; 1ndatrunk ; tv559

e22s is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

im a do it yourself type of guy...i came to the board to look for help in trying to accomplish this task, can anyone help me with some basic instructions for this challenging task? ive built a few boxes before that all i had where instructions for and they came out better than what most people said they would come out...

Head Unit:
    Subs: (2) 12" dual 4 ohm Alpine Type R's
    Amp: Orion 1200d
    Componets: *coming soon*
    6X9's: *coming soon*
    Amp: *coming soon*

bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

im a do it yourself type of guy...i came to the board to look for help in trying to accomplish this task, can anyone help me with some basic instructions for this challenging task? ive built a few boxes before that all i had where instructions for and they came out better than what most people said they would come out...
    theres no way for us to design that for you without having all of your precise measurments.

if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

thegreatestpenn is offline lazy genius

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

making a box with plexi isn't that hard. Making a box that looks like what you're trying to do is, especially if you try and wrap with something other than carpet. That's a pro build, I'd say try building something more simple. even a sealed box with plexi is tons easier than that

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/401249-thegreatestpenn-feedback-thread.html
    2k2 honda civic
    summer build
    audison sr4 on focal polyglass 165vb components active
    soundstream rubi1.2500d on dc lvl4 xl 18
    pioneer deh-80prs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

anyone have a instruction manual for this guy?

2x SAZ-1500 for SALE 310+ship ea
    RE MT 18" w/ juggaurnaut recone For Sale 320+ shipping

Dakota Work Log

References
    Bought From: IonSQL, PhatTonyDeMarco, nikosbuddy, spudracer326, RoLLaxPhile, hessdawg, JonMR2turbo, GohillaAudio, BushJ311
    Sold To: saturnspl1991, gbz007, SVT RELAMPAGO(3x Box Build),alex5897, David187, bland

hatemonger is offline funded*by*soros

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just building it isn't the only factor. it has to be built specifically for the subs. it has to be integrated into your vehicle. you may be building a box like that literally in the car.

2003 chevy s-10 ext. cab
    hu: jvc kd-avx1
    precision power 356cs components
    front amp: infinity 475a
    sub: diamond audio d6 10d4
    enclosure: 1.1 cubes ported tuned @ 31hz
    sub amp: JL G1700

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're looking at a false wall with a ported box and plexiglass. This is something you take to a professional to have done, because even though false walls aren't truly difficult, they look like absolute **** if you **** it up (which is very easy).

btdickey99 is offline I Hate the Tarheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That is a smooth looking box, and seems like its not going to be as easy as ppl giving you step by step instructions thru a forum

2000 Chevy Silverado 4x4

REFS: texasound82, duece212, flipside1212, l7runner, oxsign, tapout, Busabob, NightDrifter05, GOOSE, GohillaAudio, jmanpc, fwb_1234, Fusion_Freak, arkadiy, LoggedOut, Kmanian, KyleBechtold, Beerdrnkr, R/T Pimp, Louie68, dropped_tb, audiobaun, Psychodrama, JBLCAMRY, yunvme666, Buckyboy, CRXBMPN, bpres9991, Worlddre, KCha, operationcougar, Vitveet, and many more...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kcdc30 View Post
    just building it isn't the only factor. it has to be built specifically for the subs. it has to be integrated into your vehicle. you may be building a box like that literally in the car.
    Exactly. You'll have plenty of time to get to that level, so don't be so ambitious just yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I would suggest hire some1 that definately knows what they are doing, and you maybe helping and learning along the way, or like thegreatestpenn said, try a less difficult box and work your way up

2000 Chevy Silverado 4x4

REFS: texasound82, duece212, flipside1212, l7runner, oxsign, tapout, Busabob, NightDrifter05, GOOSE, GohillaAudio, jmanpc, fwb_1234, Fusion_Freak, arkadiy, LoggedOut, Kmanian, KyleBechtold, Beerdrnkr, R/T Pimp, Louie68, dropped_tb, audiobaun, Psychodrama, JBLCAMRY, yunvme666, Buckyboy, CRXBMPN, bpres9991, Worlddre, KCha, operationcougar, Vitveet, and many more...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kcdc30 View Post
    Once oyu narrow it down to the right sub its going to help you by knowing which way to face sub and port as well as the best way to do it.

Like I stated earlier one person wont be able to be on to give you step by step, but by atleast knowing the equip your going to use will allow opinions from everyone to help you as what will work best

2000 Chevy Silverado 4x4

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast