Closed Thread

Reload Thread: $10 For Box Design

Lingerfelt is offline BRB, CEO'N

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

$10 For Box Design

I need a box designed for 4 12" Type R's. I'll be powering them with a strapped pair of SAZ1500s, if that makes a difference.

I'd like the box to be about 10 cubic feet without displacement and tuned to 34 hz. I really want something to nail the low end, so if 34 hz isn't a good tuning for that, I'm open to suggestions.

My dimensions are...

38" Wide
    32" Deep
    15" Tall

I want it to be subs up, port back. Slot port.

If this isn't possible, or if you have any questions, or I'm not offering enough money let me know.

Thanks!

Refs Tez4Life, DB_DRAG_SPL, JLFX Car Audio, Rotciv005, BuckyBoy, King Ranch, Illbmeubu, Woodels420 (x12341), Ryanm923 (x2), Nismos14, PsychoTheRapist, CRXBMPN, SHOemup233, TC300, WhiteIce, King Nothing, BushJ311, TribalJames, Incriminator, T9X, Ssackett, WooferCooker (x2), Cornbreadxd, Gsuchyta, Pawn Man, RuinedAng3l, Snarl2004, Lastcall, Morgans243, Da Box King, Acexa, Bhsdriller, Tehbert0, Bromo, Seedubs1, USAMPSMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Balls View Post
    It was surprisingly retarded. Even for Jmac.

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    It means either of our's post counts could punch yours in the face and there's nothing the teacher would do about it.

BuckyBoy is offline Box Designer/Builder

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: $10 For Box Design

Using those dimensions, you get around 8.6-8.7ft^3 internal volume
    That isn't taking into account sub and port displacement.
    Is that enough airspace for you? If so, I will try to make a design for you.

www.smith-customs.com
    Find Smith Customs on Facebook!

References: Vexter 0944, Lingerfelt, riddla, Exploder 97, dillinja666, king ranch, chopsu3i, bonesninja, sxkicker89, djessenz, hl26, btdickey99, JLMaster, jbirrd15, bones22, belbo, 99grandprixGT, woody89, viebotls, garrettpf, SPL140.2, alex5857, Pickler, simpsonbuck, Rickikaye69, Bettr n' Revrse, swollen_cu

BrianChia is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The problem is... you only have a max sealed box size of 8.69 cu. ft. and with a port it will be maybe around 6 cubes net.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is that going to seriously compromise the performance of the subs? I have no idea how the loss of volume would affect the subs.

I'm sorry, I'm a complete noob here when it comes to the importance of box dimensions.

I didn't take into account the fact that the walls are .75 in. Derr.

Refs Tez4Life, DB_DRAG_SPL, JLFX Car Audio, Rotciv005, BuckyBoy, King Ranch, Illbmeubu, Woodels420 (x12341), Ryanm923 (x2), Nismos14, PsychoTheRapist, CRXBMPN, SHOemup233, TC300, WhiteIce, King Nothing, BushJ311, TribalJames, Incriminator, T9X, Ssackett, WooferCooker (x2), Cornbreadxd, Gsuchyta, Pawn Man, RuinedAng3l, Snarl2004, Lastcall, Morgans243, Da Box King, Acexa, Bhsdriller, Tehbert0, Bromo, Seedubs1, USAMPSMAN

It means either of our's post counts could punch yours in the face and there's nothing the teacher would do about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lingerfelt View Post
    Is that going to seriously compromise the performance of the subs? I have no idea how the loss of volume would affect the subs.

I'm sorry, I'm a complete noob here when it comes to the importance of box dimensions.

I didn't take into account the fact that the walls are .75 in. Derr.
    EDIT-
    Alpine calls for 1.3ft^ net volume each. So those dimensions should be pretty good according to Alpine.

www.smith-customs.com

References: Vexter 0944, Lingerfelt, riddla, Exploder 97, dillinja666, king ranch, chopsu3i, bonesninja, sxkicker89, djessenz, hl26, btdickey99, JLMaster, jbirrd15, bones22, belbo, 99grandprixGT, woody89, viebotls, garrettpf, SPL140.2, alex5857, Pickler, simpsonbuck, Rickikaye69, Bettr n' Revrse, swollen_cu

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyBoy View Post
    I think you need AT LEAST 8ft^3 net volume for 4 12" type-rs. That is only 2ft^3 each. I believe Alpine calls for 3 each. I say try to get at least 8.
    So I'd be better off building a properly proportioned and tuned box for 2 12's rather than trying to squeeze 4 into a space that can't accomodate them?

My width and depth are maxed out, and I really don't want the box sticking over the back seats a ludicrous amount.

Edit: I'm going to take some more measurements and I'll be back. I really appreciate all the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lingerfelt View Post
    So I'd be better off building a properly proportioned and tuned box for 2 12's rather than trying to squeeze 4 into a space that can't accomodate them?

My width and depth are maxed out, and I really don't want the box sticking over the back seats a ludicrous amount.

Edit: I'm going to take some more measurements and I'll be back. I really appreciate all the help.
    After looking at Alpines site, I was wrong. They actually call for less volume than I thought. Your dimensions should work well.

www.smith-customs.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

~6.5ft^3 @34Hz

www.smith-customs.com

Closed Thread