Closed Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Reload Thread: I was thinking.......

  1. #1
    Rattlebrain's Avatar
    Rattlebrain is offline alcoholic



    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Amarillo, TX.
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,904
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    I was thinking.......

    I figured that my trunk is apx. 23 qf. I am looking into getting a SS RL-p18.
    Is it possible to port it through the rear deck? Is it worth it or should it just simply go IB and forget it?



    B.O.H.I.C.A.


    Quote Originally Posted by WhoSayWho? View Post
    I do not believe in drinking in moderation. Seems like a waste of potential.




  2. #2
    iamamp3pimp's Avatar
    iamamp3pimp is offline Bass Heads Entertainment



    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Tampa FL
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

  3. #3
    Rattlebrain's Avatar
    Rattlebrain is offline alcoholic

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Amarillo, TX.
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,904
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: I was thinking.......

    Quote Originally Posted by iamamp3pimp View Post
    id go IB.

    much less hassle.

    maybe even IB ported through the RD
    If I go IB, would there be any advantage to porting it with that much air space?



    B.O.H.I.C.A.


    Quote Originally Posted by WhoSayWho? View Post
    I do not believe in drinking in moderation. Seems like a waste of potential.

  4. #4
    savagebee's Avatar
    savagebee is offline sociomagicologistics



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    OK 918
    Posts
    2,783
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I was thinking.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebrain View Post
    If I go IB, would there be any advantage to porting it with that much air space?
    I dont think there would be to be honest, as far as I know it would make it an open baffle, and youd lose tons of output that way
    Im not familiar with the driver, but I know its a massive bastard.. your be looking at some serious reinforcements to go ib in the rear deck as well



    PROUD CIGARETTE SMOKER


    Spider Monkey/Hoss :08

  5. #5
    Rattlebrain's Avatar
    Rattlebrain is offline alcoholic

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Amarillo, TX.
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,904
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: I was thinking.......

    Quote Originally Posted by savagebee View Post
    I dont think there would be to be honest, as far as I know it would make it an open baffle, and youd lose tons of output that way
    Im not familiar with the driver, but I know its a massive bastard.. your be looking at some serious reinforcements to go ib in the rear deck as well
    yea, that rear deck is pretty weak. It flexes like a mother when you just close the trunk. May not be worth it. IDK. I would like to go IB, but not sure it would be worth the trouble. It would be going in a '02 Impala.



    B.O.H.I.C.A.


    Quote Originally Posted by WhoSayWho? View Post
    I do not believe in drinking in moderation. Seems like a waste of potential.

Closed Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum