Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Sub Location

RiceWagon is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sub Location

Just in the process of building my box for my HCCA 12D and I can't decide where to locate the woofer on the box. I have a Mazda Protege5 and the box will be 2.5 cu/ft ported tuned to 32Hz. Would this set-up sound better if I mounted the sub and port facing the back of the car into the hatch or should I put the the sub and port on the top facing the roof of the car? Any suggestions are glady welcome! Thanx.

Mark
    Last edited by RiceWagon; 04-03-2003 at 08:39 PM.

2002 Mazda Protege 5
    Kenwood Excelon KDC-X915
    Boston Acoustic Components in doors
    Kicker IX404 for mids and highs
    JBL 1200.1
    Orion HCCA 12D
    *in need of sound-deadning badly!*

evo2k3 is offline Senior Bizznitch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Sub Location

Originally posted by RiceWagon
    Just in the process of building my box for my HCCA 12D and I can't decide where to locate the woofer on the box. I have a Mazda Protege5 and the box will be 2.5 cu/ft ported tuned to 32Hz. Would this set-up sound better if I mounted the sub and port facing the back of the car into the hatch or should I put the the sub and port on the top facing the roof of the car? Any suggestions are glady welcome! Thanx.

Mark
    will your box design differ if based on which way it is point? if not just play with it and see what you like best. if it does, I would build a small sealed enclosure for 15 buck or whatever and test it out with that -- what I am trying to say is its all about opinion-you opinion and your car, people face them all different dirrection and have good luck them them.

I'm back to stock in my new car.....

Closed Thread