Closed Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Reload Thread: 3 10's?

  1. #1
    junocdx's Avatar
    junocdx is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    AR
    Age
    27
    Posts
    227
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Icon32 3 10's?

    I have a 1990 GMC Sierra regular cab. I want to put 3 10in ED K's in, and need a small box. I want to be able to have my seat all the way back, but not against the subs. I've heard about facing them down, but dont think that will work. Also, can anyone give me a formula to figure out cubic feet accurately? Thanks







  2. #2
    ricerdude's Avatar
    ricerdude is offline TEAM THRESHOLD



    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Idaho Falls, ID
    Age
    29
    Posts
    687
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 3 10's?

    Originally posted by junocdx
    I have a 1990 GMC Sierra regular cab. I want to put 3 10in ED K's in, and need a small box. I want to be able to have my seat all the way back, but not against the subs. I've heard about facing them down, but dont think that will work. Also, can anyone give me a formula to figure out cubic feet accurately? Thanks
    why dont you just do 1 or 2...to wire 3 it is a waste of amp...but anyway just do like 1 or 2 in a big bad *** portred box...it would be just as loud or louder than 3...to find cu ft.it is lenght X width X height...and divide that by 1728...

    D



    1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse gsx
    far from stock

    Pioneer Premier deh-p630
    Pioneer 3 way 5.25
    Pioneer 6x9s--soon to change
    Rockford Fosgate Power bd1000.1
    1 Orion XTR 12 series 2 in 2.9 cuft. ported evclosure, tuned to 37hz..


    proud member of TEAM THRESHOLD

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Idaho Falls
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,134
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree with ricerdude. I had a reg cab ford f150. I tried all kinds of differant setups first I had 3 10's (punch z's) in small sealed boxes. Then I tried just 2 tens (kenwoods)in a little bit bigger boxes and it sounded better then the 3. I also tried 6 eights (phoenix gold) (not recommended) and of course didn't have much on the low end. Then I got a single 10 (hcca) and made a ported box and it sounded better and hit a lot harder then anything else I tried



    '99 Ram Sport Quad cab
    Alpine 7897
    Rainbow 6.5 comp. set
    180 amp Iraqqi alt
    Optima yellow top

  4. #4
    junocdx's Avatar
    junocdx is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    AR
    Age
    27
    Posts
    227
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Icon32

    So I should just go with 2 ED K's instead of 3, in a bigger box? I can build sealed boxes but I dont know anything about porting. I'd need someone to help me out on that one

    I like 2 ED K's better. Easier on the wallet.




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Idaho Falls
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,134
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I would say go with what your heart desires? If you wanna go with 2 of them ported we can help out with that. Just figure out the max. dimensions you have to work with and let us know



    '99 Ram Sport Quad cab
    Alpine 7897
    Rainbow 6.5 comp. set
    180 amp Iraqqi alt
    Optima yellow top

  6. #6
    junocdx's Avatar
    junocdx is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    AR
    Age
    27
    Posts
    227
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by RMKrider1
    Well I would say go with what your heart desires? If you wanna go with 2 of them ported we can help out with that. Just figure out the max. dimensions you have to work with and let us know
    I'll get the max dimensions by tomorrow. Can't do it now. I'll need a way to contact you to get them to you.

    Can you give me a brief overview of porting?




  7. #7
    ricerdude's Avatar
    ricerdude is offline TEAM THRESHOLD



    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Idaho Falls, ID
    Age
    29
    Posts
    687
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah you might have to go with 1...but i gaurantee you it will be loud...rmkriders 10 was louder than *** on a punch 200...

    D



    1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse gsx
    far from stock

    Pioneer Premier deh-p630
    Pioneer 3 way 5.25
    Pioneer 6x9s--soon to change
    Rockford Fosgate Power bd1000.1
    1 Orion XTR 12 series 2 in 2.9 cuft. ported evclosure, tuned to 37hz..


    proud member of TEAM THRESHOLD

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Idaho Falls
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,134
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by junocdx
    I'll get the max dimensions by tomorrow. Can't do it now. I'll need a way to contact you to get them to you.

    Can you give me a brief overview of porting?
    Just post them here! There is plenty of helpful and knowledgable people on here that would be more then happy to help another audio enthusiast out. Or If you wish you can e-mail me directly at [email protected] or catch me on aim.

    overview of porting? I'm not exactly sure what your asking? Like types of ports? How to port,tuning freq.?



    '99 Ram Sport Quad cab
    Alpine 7897
    Rainbow 6.5 comp. set
    180 amp Iraqqi alt
    Optima yellow top

  9. #9
    junocdx's Avatar
    junocdx is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    AR
    Age
    27
    Posts
    227
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by ricerdude
    yeah you might have to go with 1...but i gaurantee you it will be loud...rmkriders 10 was louder than *** on a punch 200...

    D
    I'm going with 2. Why would I have to go 1? If I can fit 2 12s, I'm positive I can fit 2 10s...




  10. #10
    ricerdude's Avatar
    ricerdude is offline TEAM THRESHOLD



    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Idaho Falls, ID
    Age
    29
    Posts
    687
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    were your 12s ported...and if they were what was it tuned to....

    D



    1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse gsx
    far from stock

    Pioneer Premier deh-p630
    Pioneer 3 way 5.25
    Pioneer 6x9s--soon to change
    Rockford Fosgate Power bd1000.1
    1 Orion XTR 12 series 2 in 2.9 cuft. ported evclosure, tuned to 37hz..


    proud member of TEAM THRESHOLD

  11. #11
    junocdx's Avatar
    junocdx is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    AR
    Age
    27
    Posts
    227
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by ricerdude
    were your 12s ported...and if they were what was it tuned to....

    D
    They weren't/aren't. They are in a sealed box right now. I'm just sick of all my friends being able to over power me and make fun of me having 2 12s, and them running 10s. :-\

    So I'm going psycho and going to get 2 10s that will blow all their sorry asses away




  12. #12
    ricerdude's Avatar
    ricerdude is offline TEAM THRESHOLD



    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Idaho Falls, ID
    Age
    29
    Posts
    687
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by junocdx
    They weren't/aren't. They are in a sealed box right now. I'm just sick of all my friends being able to over power me and make fun of me having 2 12s, and them running 10s. :-\

    So I'm going psycho and going to get 2 10s that will blow all their sorry asses away
    to do a ported box it takes more space...it will do you no good to put them im a box that they arent going to fukin pound...so if you are going to do 2 in a sealed box 1 in a bad *** ported box will probably smoke it...if you arent going to buy a new amp...10s arent necciserily louder than 12s...actually if the subs are both entry level then it done right the 12s should win...well it depends on power and car size...

    D



    1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse gsx
    far from stock

    Pioneer Premier deh-p630
    Pioneer 3 way 5.25
    Pioneer 6x9s--soon to change
    Rockford Fosgate Power bd1000.1
    1 Orion XTR 12 series 2 in 2.9 cuft. ported evclosure, tuned to 37hz..


    proud member of TEAM THRESHOLD

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum