Reload Thread: truck box...

substance is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

truck box...

i got a single cab silverado with a 10w3 d4 in a big sealed box, not sure the exact size, but basically my 10 is on one side and there is enough room to cut a hole for another 10. I have a bazooka el 1500 (500.1) wired @ 8 ohm mono. It sounds alright with the windows down but with the windows up, i cant hear the bass. When i wire it at 2 ohms, its alot louder but at certain frequencies the sub makes a loud popping sound like its reaching its excursion limits, and i still cant hear the bass with the windows up. I was thinking about either porting it, or cuting the end of the box off to make it smaller and resealing it. I would like to solve both problems (being able to run it at 2 ohms and hear the bass with the windows up) What about porting it and resizing the box? I have no expeirence making boxes. So bear with me here...

Also i know im putting too much power to the sub with 500 watts, so maybe a different sub would help also. I more into SPL then SQ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More into spl? I would say port your box!! Let me know the size of your box and I'll help you with the port

'99 Ram Sport Quad cab
    Alpine 7897
    Rainbow 6.5 comp. set
    180 amp Iraqqi alt
    Optima yellow top

substance is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone know what would solve the problem of not being able to hear the bass with the windows up?

Closed Thread