Re: Questions on Ported Boxes.
1) You can make separate chambers, but the problem is the cubic feet and port size have to be EXACTLY the same for each chamber, it's easier to make one big box. Originally posted by more_spl please whoever can help with as much info and questions answered that would be much appreciated.
1) in ported for 2 subs, should you have them in their own chambers with a port per chamber? cuz u should in sealed, but why don't people do that for ported, they use one big chamber. doesn't this give you a "push pull effect" ?
2) would 3 Ft^3 be good for 2 10" MTX T600 subs?
3) when tuning, does it matter how many drivers you have? i was looking to tune @40 hz.. i can just use the tuning calculators and just go from there right, like there's no other tricks or factors involved?
4) my amp doesn't have a subsonic filter, but it only puts out ~450 watts... will i hurt my subs? becuz i heard you only REALLY need a S.S.Filter if you pushing over 600W.. true?
my main concern is w/ my first questions, as i wanna do this right and the best way. thanks
2) Recommended cuft is 1-2 per sub, so 3 should be fine.
3) You have to factor out the displacement each sub takes out
4) Whoever told you that is lying....you need a SS filter if you listen to music or plan to listen to music that hits frequencies below what your box is tuned to......if the sub plays these frequencies the port will lose control of the sub and bad things will happen.
And 40 is a rather higher tuning for your setup....you should considering something in the low 30s
"The world is full of people who want nothing short of perfect,
but settle for less, blinded by their quest for purpose."