Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Kicker s10l5 enclosure???

01sesedan is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kicker s10l5 enclosure???

Well, looking for an enclosure for 2 10" l5. It'll be going into a Suburban, so space is not a problem. Could you guys provide links or pics. Trying to get an idea to make an enclosure for these speakers. I would perfer a ported enclosure. I'll be running about 800w rms @ 2ohm, the speaker are 2ohm, dual voice coil.

Let me know, Thanks...

dragon.breath is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Kicker s10l5 enclosure???

I run the same speakers in a slot ported box that is around 2.2 cu. ft. tuned to 36 hertz and it hit 141.3 db on the winshield at a local show. (they had a no name meter so that might not be exactly right )if I were going to build the box again I would go to about 3.0 cu.ft. and tune for 32 or 33hz

01sesedan is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Kicker s10l5 enclosure???

Hey....ya'lll Happy Thanksgiving

Being a total newbie in enclosure construction and didn't want to pay big bucks to have someone build it for me, I chose this route.

After days of searching the web, I ended up finding this site and input the demensions of the box. As you play with the numbers, it tells you the cf and tuned frequency you'll end up with. I followed the measurements it gave me and cut the material (mdf) exactly as it said.

The boxes came out awesome and it hits really hard. Was able to make 2 boxes with one sheet of plywood $21..... Not bad

Check it out... Some of you might already know about it but good for those who don't mind experimenting...

http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

Take care....

Closed Thread