Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Trunk Layout

Spaceboy464 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Trunk Layout

My origonal plan for my trunk set up has changed, and I just wanted to throw some ideas around for feedback.

My original plan was to have one 12in sub on each side of my trunk. I started making a fiberglass enclosure for one side, but it took to much time and effort. With school and work it was just too much. I found a shop that sells a pre molded enclosure for the left side of my trunk and I'll be ok with just one 12in.

Here is the pannel on the driver's side. The sub enclosure will go where that compartment door is. The sub amp is mounted (badly) right there.

Here is the passenger's side panel. I cut out that cubby so now it's just a big hole.

Here is an older picture that shows the distribution/fuse block for the one amp.

I have a few ideas on how to proceed:
    I want to cover everything in suede or some similar type of material. I was thinking about leaving the sub amp on the driver's side and using the passenger's side to hold the future 4-ch amp. I was also thinking about moving the distribution/fuse block (and future cap) on to the driver's side panel.

This still leaves the question of the big hole on the passenger's side. I was thinking I could either buy a new panel from the dealer, fix the hole when I recover the panel, or make a small enclosure that will hold a PS2. I plan to put a screen in the trunk lid for tailgate parties/car shows and it would be nice to have the PS2 sit right in there. A panel will cover the new PS2 slot when not in use.

I want the amps to float out from the panels so they can have red lights behind them. What is the best way to go about doing this? The panels are flimsy, so should I mount some MDF to the backside of them?

Thanks for reading, I just wanted to throw my ideas around and see what input I get.

2004.5 Audi A4 3.0q (For Sale)
    2003.5 BMW M3 (Current)

sinosic is offline Idyllic Enclosures

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Trunk Layout

i like the chains.

Spaceboy464 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Trunk Layout

Thanks. That is actually speaker wire. Also its not setup like that any more.

2004.5 Audi A4 3.0q (For Sale)
    2003.5 BMW M3 (Current)

Closed Thread