Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Port size for custom box.

hl26 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Port size for custom box.

Is it possible to work out a port for either of these boxes that would give me 32-35 Hz? It will be built for a L7 15". I know i dont have demensions, i dont need you to work it out(Ill ask that once i have my dimensions) i just want to know if its possible. Thanks for your time!

Mr Cabinetry is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Port size for custom box.

Quote Originally Posted by hl26 View Post
    Is it possible to work out a port for either of these boxes that would give me 32-35 Hz? It will be built for a L7 15". I know i dont have demensions, i dont need you to work it out(Ill ask that once i have my dimensions) i just want to know if its possible. Thanks for your time!

Anything is possible.

But, as you've already said, you don't even have the dimensions yet and with that said, without dimensions as to the detail of the enclosure you show, no one is going to be able to given you a concrete answer to the question.

So, post up the dimensions of the enclosure and the answers will come.

One last thing, the orientation of the enclosure as to it's install will determine you options as to port placement.

95BlackGA is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cabinetry View Post
    Anything is possible.

But, as you've already said, you don't even have the dimensions yet and with that said, without dimensions as to the detail of the enclosure you show, no one is going to be able to given you a concrete answer to the question.

So, post up the dimensions of the enclosure and the answers will come.

One last thing, the orientation of the enclosure as to it's install will determine you options as to port placement.
    WRONG!!! You can't slam a revolving door shut... But, yes, you can get your tuning choice out of this box.

Sold To - Ku-Sama - Benilson09 X2 - Vitveet - Max_Power X2 - xfeat - DaveT - uglydimple12 - pickup1 - EnvEe 02 - blackbonnie - lightningbolt44 - Louisiana_CRX X2 - audiobahnuser18 - NoPh33rRaCiNg - profoundwill - Scoobydoo - joe98chevy - theMessenja44
    Traded With - Rich00 - fwb_1234 - SPL140.2 - Six501 - Scoobydoo
    Bought From - RoLLaxPhile - SPL140.2 X2 - Randy Savage - Johnny Law.Lulz

R.I.P Uncle Scot, you'll be missed. 8/22/08 We love you, bud.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

alright thanks for the replies... the orientation of the install is the narrow part will be going under the seat and the large part will be infront of the center seat in the rear bench of a super crew f150... And also once i had my dimensions would it be hard to find the port specifications due to its awkward shape or no?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

alright thanks for the replies... the orientation of the install is the narrow part will be going under the seat and the large part will be infront of the center seat in the rear bench of a super crew f150... And also once i had my dimensions would it be hard to find the port specifications due to its awkward shape or no?
    Well, given what is known now, enclosure option # 2 with the subwoofer angled back offers the ability to fire the port upwards since this would also allow for the the length of the slot port.

However, I say this solely based on the rough design sketch, the actual dimensions way prove otherwise, without dimensions there's not way to know for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 95BlackGA View Post
    WRONG!!! You can't slam a revolving door shut... But, yes, you can get your tuning choice out of this box.
    OK, so ya can't slam a revolving door shut.

As for the enclosure, you say he can do it when you don't even have all the information in front of you, unless you have built the same exact box in the past for the same exact vehicle and subwoofer.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ya i was thinking enclousure #2 too and fire the port in the area that is facing up..... alright if i got you the exact dimmensions of everything do you think you could tell me how to port it to 32-35 Hz? also what do you think would be better if i listen to 90 percent rap out of that range?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ya i was thinking enclousure #2 too and fire the port in the area that is facing up..... alright if i got you the exact dimmensions of everything do you think you could tell me how to port it to 32-35 Hz? also what do you think would be better if i listen to 90 percent rap out of that range?
    I go ya one better.

E-mail me all the dimensions according to the image you put up here and I e-mail ya back all the design details of the enclosure ( sketchup drafts ).

Also, since I have all the physical dimensions of the subwoofer your going to use will allow me to see in sketchup any fit issue's as to the subwoofer being mounted as such and if it will/will not pose problems with where the slot port is going and offer options to work around the issues.

As for the tuning, I would go to the high side of 35 hz, should pound quite nicely.

BTW, How many watts are you putting to this, helps to know so there's plenty of port area.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

im gonna run it off 1100 rms... and ill get the dimensions for you when i get home tonight hopefully. I appreciate the help

Closed Thread

User Tag List