Closed Thread

Reload Thread: First Build, Need Help

travolta is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First Build, Need Help

I already have a sealed box for my ssd 10, but plan to make a ported one as well. The box is going in a 96 GMC Sierra ext cab on the driver's side of the back seat.

Which way should I have my sub/port firing? I was planning on firing up because i figure it would be easiest, which way will sound the best though?

Also what do you all use as a sealant, I was thinking about going with wood glue because of the set time.

For the box I was going to use the calculator on Re's site and have Home Depot cut the wood according to those specs and just piece it together myself, how does this idea sound?

What advice to you have for cutting circles for my sub?

Any other tricks or tips I should know about?

Thanks

1996 GMC Sierra
    Components:CDT Cl 61A's w/ TW-24s
    Component Amp: RF P4002
    Sub: Fi SSD 10
    Sub Amp: Kicker 750.1
    All KnuKonceptz Wiring

Stem is offline n00b Poster

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: First Build, Need Help

Quote Originally Posted by travolta View Post
    I already have a sealed box for my ssd 10, but plan to make a ported one as well. The box is going in a 96 GMC Sierra ext cab on the driver's side of the back seat.

Which way should I have my sub/port firing? I was planning on firing up because i figure it would be easiest, which way will sound the best though?

Also what do you all use as a sealant, I was thinking about going with wood glue because of the set time.

For the box I was going to use the calculator on Re's site and have Home Depot cut the wood according to those specs and just piece it together myself, how does this idea sound?

What advice to you have for cutting circles for my sub?

Any other tricks or tips I should know about?Thanks

firing up is fine.
    for sealant i use regular caulk, and then resin the inside. that might seem a little overkill but whatever gets the job done. wood glue would work tho.
    the re box calc is a good tool for getting specs. i dont know about having home depot cut the wood, some of their cutters are 'sub-par' but its your money and if you dont have access to a table saw or circular saw that would work. personally i woudln't trust home depot cutting.
    for cutting circles, use a circle jig and a router, thats the best way.
    make sure you use PLENTY of wood glue and put in enough screws. remember, measure twice screw once

Closed Thread