Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

port question

i have a few questions on how to avoid as much port noise as possible.

1.) Even if you can get a tuning for a ported box correct with just a port going straight back, and not going in an L shape, is it better to make an L shaped port to the correct tuning or will a | port still work the same??

2.) What is the best way to brace a box to avoid any noise occurance?

Thanks
    Dustin

if you have any questions on what i mean, just ask. i will be building a new box for my mach 5 spl 12. im thinking around 3.25 cu ft tuned to 35 hz before sub displacment.
    Thanks

refs: zeuslicious(Christian)x8---nomad40---shallowfu---adio---pioneerpimp---fiercetimbo17---hayden---BLD 25--flakko---R-sosa----denim---woc47----lilmaniac2(Chad Kevin motha ****in Hicks)----newtitan---IgnoreMe(George)---JBGabriel---BuddyChrist----KingRanch---assman---MitchZ---JoeSmith502---The Low x2---Fiery---dragnix---tapout -383---splguru---sq wat 4---PimpDaddyq---Mr_Imperial---AbsoluteAudio---KHARPS---Sotelomichael---dt053---cmobley---SomeDonnieDude---ax600---SQcrewcab--Zachfeen--Power-Fanatic07--t4r505--

"You almost had me? You never had your subs. Ask any bass racer. Any true bass racer. Its not about how much a piece of equipment costs. Its how you install it."

hazardous0388 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: port question

???

refs: zeuslicious(Christian)x8---nomad40---shallowfu---adio---pioneerpimp---fiercetimbo17---hayden---BLD 25--flakko---R-sosa----denim---woc47----lilmaniac2(Chad Kevin motha ****in Hicks)----newtitan---IgnoreMe(George)---JBGabriel---BuddyChrist----KingRanch---assman---MitchZ---JoeSmith502---The Low x2---Fiery---dragnix---tapout -383---splguru---sq wat 4---PimpDaddyq---Mr_Imperial---AbsoluteAudio---KHARPS---Sotelomichael---dt053---cmobley---SomeDonnieDude---ax600---SQcrewcab--Zachfeen--Power-Fanatic07--t4r505--

"You almost had me? You never had your subs. Ask any bass racer. Any true bass racer. Its not about how much a piece of equipment costs. Its how you install it."

adas is offline MurderMat adas is a Supporting Member of the forum!

adas is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

straight ports always seem to be louder, since there is no need for sound waves to take a 90* turn. Sand the edges of the port inside and out. At least 35sq. in. of port, the more the better

Crescendo Audio The Logical Choice
    Murdermat.com More Mils for less Bills

"Our freedom of speech includes volume"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

sanded ports ftw!!!

PV Audio is offline The Vision of Sound

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Box is 1 cubic foot too large. And yes, L ports have different calculations, but they're pretty similar.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

the testing box for the proto was 3.65 cu ft. they recommend 3.5 cu ft...i already have a box that will be 3.0 cu ft tuned to 33 hz and sub displacment, so when it arrives i will just pop it in that one and see how it sounds.

Closed Thread

User Tag List