Closed Thread

Reload Thread: easy question.......

adio is offline THE STEREOTYPE FIGHTER!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

easy question.......

if u buy a sub whose company recommends 2 cu ft enclosure tuned to 30Hz for a 12, and u end up putting it a 1.75 or 1.5 cu ft box with the same tuining, what happens to the sound and/or output?

refs= springy101 <-- ultimate buyer, jmanpc(sold stereo), pwnt by pat <---the ultimate installer, PV audio and ionsql(box designs), toxic tuan (crystal comps), hazardous0388 (8" TB's), backthepack(jbl1200.1), bamavoo (sold profile ap1000M), rashadd (box plans in time of need), bassaddictj (jl xr mids), louisiana_crx(traded amps for DD comps), revrider1 (traded tc sub for RE sub and amp), jcldallas24 (bought jbl 1200.1), boomsday (2.3 cu ft tuned to 32hz)
    fuq with adio, get your money/product that completely works........GUARANTEED!!!!!!!

Adrian15XXX is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: easy question.......

good question. i would like to know myself!

JT1979 is offline Hat Keeps Scammers Away

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

U will not get optimal sound according to the maker of that subwoofer

I may have misunderstood the question though

amedeuce is offline :crap:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JT1979 View Post

Depends on what subwoofer company you are refering to. Some recommend enclosures that will be loud for the sake of being loud, not necessarily optimal.

References

Sold to jamesdean,jonny101abc,LowLinc,bumpinaintEZ,TurboDu devr4,SVT RELAMPAGO,mk_ ,Burnout956,bonesninja,yenwen,bhsdriller,dalucifer ,BoondockSaints,WillyG4444, alfmoney,btnhfan,dB Dom

Bought From TeamPSI,ace_800, Zxcvtypo,bjfish11,atoz350,timbre-audio,Derrick824, lastcall,eclipsefool,rtillaree,PioneerPimp,6spdcou pe,ctmike,Thieroff

Quote Originally Posted by bumpin buick View Post
    /yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by elmor001 View Post
    I don't think I'm the dumb one here. You just told someone to go divide themself.

H/U Alpine 9887
    Mids Seas ER18RNX
    Tweets LPG 25NFA
    Subs 2 10" Memphis Audio Shallow Mount Subs
    Mids/Tweets Amp Kicker ZX850.4
    Sub Amp Kicker ZX1000.1

Immacomputer is offline Cloud disappear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JT1979 View Post

The user's desires and vehicle are what you design an enclosure around. How the hell can the manufacturer know what vehicle he has and what he wants out of the system?

To the OP, it depends on what sub you're talking about. Usually, a smaller box with the same tuning will have less low end output and will not be as loud around tuning. It should also peak at a higher frequency and may or may not be louder.

Video 1
    I may make you feel but I can't make you think.
    Your sperm's in the gutter -- your love's in the sink.
    Video 2

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immacomputer View Post
    The user's desires and vehicle are what you design an enclosure around. How the hell can the manufacturer know what vehicle he has and what he wants out of the system?

To the OP, it depends on what sub you're talking about. Usually, a smaller box with the same tuning will have less low end output and will not be as loud around tuning. It should also peak at a higher frequency and may or may not be louder.
    since evrybody is asking this, i'm reffering to ID subs vs AA subs/kicker/stereo integrity/FI/ any other company that recommends a bigger enclosure than ID does

refs= springy101 <-- ultimate buyer, jmanpc(sold stereo), pwnt by pat <---the ultimate installer, PV audio and ionsql(box designs), toxic tuan (crystal comps), hazardous0388 (8" TB's), backthepack(jbl1200.1), bamavoo (sold profile ap1000M), rashadd (box plans in time of need), bassaddictj (jl xr mids), louisiana_crx(traded amps for DD comps), revrider1 (traded tc sub for RE sub and amp), jcldallas24 (bought jbl 1200.1), boomsday (2.3 cu ft tuned to 32hz)
    fuq with adio, get your money/product that completely works........GUARANTEED!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Every sub has different parameters which makes them sound different in different enclosures. Each company designs their subs to meet certain needs. Some companies design subs to perform well in small sealed enclosures. Some design subs to perform well in larger sealed enclosures. Some companies take the middle path or design subs to perform well in ported enclosures.

You cannot compare one sub's recommended enclosure to another sub's recommended enclosure. I am having a really hard time understand what exactly you want. Can you be specific and not general?

Video 1
    Video 2

spoonraker is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am having a really hard time understand what exactly you want. Can you be specific and not general?
    He's simply wondering what effect enclosure size has on sound.

Here's a better way of phrasing his question :

If all variables are the same (Amp, sub, vehicle, etc) and the only thing that changes is the volume of the enclosure, what effect does this have on the sound?

He's looking for something along the lines of "smaller sealed enclosures have a more balanced output but less volume, but larger sealed enclosures have a steeper drop off blah blah blah" btw that was just an example and in no way correct or based on anything

References : chaunb3400, Team H&K, diminishedpower, pickup1, sublime06, sporty_drew, JRock10, Jando86, sundownz

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spoonraker View Post
    He's simply wondering what effect enclosure size has on sound.

Here's a better way of phrasing his question :

If all variables are the same (Amp, sub, vehicle, etc) and the only thing that changes is the volume of the enclosure, what effect does this have on the sound?

He's looking for something along the lines of "smaller sealed enclosures have a more balanced output but less volume, but larger sealed enclosures have a steeper drop off blah blah blah" btw that was just an example and in no way correct or based on anything
    exactly. just dealing with ported boxes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, in that case, there is no concrete answer. It 100&#37; depends on how big of a step you take in enclosure size, the sub you're using, and what size you're starting with.

Video 1
    Video 2

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, in that case, there is no concrete answer. It 100% depends on how big of a step you take in enclosure size, the sub you're using, and what size you're starting with.
    oh

Closed Thread