Closed Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Reload Thread: 18" SPL sub........how big of a fartbox?

  1. #1
    bonesninja's Avatar
    bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lima, Ohio
    Age
    42
    Posts
    14,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    18" SPL sub........how big of a fartbox?

    WhiteIce asked me to build him a 7.5^3 box but it seems that everyone agrees that thats way to big for strcitly SPL. If you have an 18" MT or the likes, how big would you make the box?



    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

    after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.




  2. #2
    97cavy's Avatar
    97cavy is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 18" SPL sub........how big of a fartbox?

    Check your other thread!



    96 blazer
    8 Fi Q 15''s
    2 SS 6500's
    5 NSB 125's



    Refs:
    MK3XXX, T3 Audios 160db Jeep, TPRJ5, Awp122, 91Lacdeville, duece212, boister77, BuddyChrist, Safe_Cracker, JCP, Saywhat?, ProjectPat06, SqHertz, MuddinXJ, emd2260, terra, loudcartunez

  3. #3
    AudioAnonymous's Avatar
    AudioAnonymous is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Green Bay, Wi
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,286
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Re: 18" SPL sub........how big of a fartbox?

    I used to run mine in 11 cubes per woofer. That was a wall though.



    Project db Custom Metal Fabrication
    Cactus Sounds USA Team Captain
    Team DC Audio
    Team XS Power
    2007 db Drag National Champion SM3-4

  4. #4
    delvryboy's Avatar
    delvryboy is offline Save the Savage!



    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    chicago
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 18" SPL sub........how big of a fartbox?

    about 4 cubes



    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest Gump View Post
    I heard he's taking pilot lessons so he can fly airforce 1 into the pentagon
    Team PhatHertZ
    Team Kicker
    Team Powermaster



    2005 MECA SR2 World Record Holder
    2005 MMOM/2006 MECA SPL Spirit Award
    '03/'04/'05/'06/'07 MECA State Champion/Record Holder/World Finals Top 5


    Opti 200.2 + SX18 = 150+db
    Refs: Polecat, TeamPSI, TheLow, Tommyk90, TypeRbass, skitzafit, skmfkr, steinkea, slapmaster, Kenny Pollock, iagrdshaka, billabongcr, rtillaree, R-sosa, ngsm13, 15nissen, casper97ta, tuck05, Safe_Cracker, pioneerpimp, PurposeSoap, Basic1906, Bender-Offender, StateProp486, Loud01Blazer, civicman07, jco1385, bur1196, clbolt, gymfreak101, jesuspunk25
    Heatware = delvryboy

  5. #5
    delvryboy's Avatar
    delvryboy is offline Save the Savage!



    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    chicago
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 18" SPL sub........how big of a fartbox?

    no, a little bigger. I didn't read 18"



    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest Gump View Post
    I heard he's taking pilot lessons so he can fly airforce 1 into the pentagon
    Team PhatHertZ
    Team Kicker
    Team Powermaster



    2005 MECA SR2 World Record Holder
    2005 MMOM/2006 MECA SPL Spirit Award
    '03/'04/'05/'06/'07 MECA State Champion/Record Holder/World Finals Top 5


    Opti 200.2 + SX18 = 150+db
    Refs: Polecat, TeamPSI, TheLow, Tommyk90, TypeRbass, skitzafit, skmfkr, steinkea, slapmaster, Kenny Pollock, iagrdshaka, billabongcr, rtillaree, R-sosa, ngsm13, 15nissen, casper97ta, tuck05, Safe_Cracker, pioneerpimp, PurposeSoap, Basic1906, Bender-Offender, StateProp486, Loud01Blazer, civicman07, jco1385, bur1196, clbolt, gymfreak101, jesuspunk25
    Heatware = delvryboy

  6. #6
    bonesninja's Avatar
    bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lima, Ohio
    Age
    42
    Posts
    14,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Re: 18" SPL sub........how big of a fartbox?

    Quote Originally Posted by 97cavy View Post
    Check your other thread!
    i did...just trying to get other opinions man. i only got one and half more sheets of MDF so i wanna get it right for him.



    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

    after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

  7. #7
    bonesninja's Avatar
    bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lima, Ohio
    Age
    42
    Posts
    14,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Re: 18" SPL sub........how big of a fartbox?

    Quote Originally Posted by AudioAnonymous View Post
    I used to run mine in 11 cubes per woofer. That was a wall though.
    holy schmokes........this will definately not be a wall..will be in a 2 door old skool blazer.



    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

    after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

Closed Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum