User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: First box build. Need a little help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First box build. Need a little help.

I am designing a box to house my 4 Fosgate 8" subs to go into the back of my dakota. I am going to have 4 in a row, should I have each one in a different chamber, or one large box? Also is there any benefit to building the rectangular ports into the box besides using round tube ports? Should I have the subs pointing towards the front seat or firing up? This is the first box I have ever built, and have no clue as to what to do to it. I can cut a board and build some stuff though. Any ideas please feel free to share.

Thanks.

Qbenjamin is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: First box build. Need a little help.

You will not be able to design a fully functional ported box, without some extensive researching. Also, I would advise that each sub be in a different chamber, so that if something happens to 1, you won't have the other subs trying to take up the slack for the screwed up one. IMO, first box build for you should be sealed. Do a lot of research, and then try to go ported/vented.

Sold to Ref's: IonSQL; envengineer; BAD_MAYHEM; oxsign; dvrmstrng; corto; wong05tsx; mrdurden; dirtyg; Cheesemind; gladiator_jai; bumpincrv; nycking23; slikvik; Mr.Ronin_2U
    Traded with Ref's:: Spike_e; jnoel; Sundownz

Stock H/U; AudioControl Lc6i; Alpine PDX-V9; Focal Components & Coaxials; DD 2510; Ported Enclosure; Second Skin Damplifier Pro

What sounds good to you, may sound like crap to me...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, wait your in P-Cola..........I would be able to build a vented one for ya, and you could come pick it up. I am about 40 miles away.

Sold to Ref's: IonSQL; envengineer; BAD_MAYHEM; oxsign; dvrmstrng; corto; wong05tsx; mrdurden; dirtyg; Cheesemind; gladiator_jai; bumpincrv; nycking23; slikvik; Mr.Ronin_2U

Stock H/U; AudioControl Lc6i; Alpine PDX-V9; Focal Components & Coaxials; DD 2510; Ported Enclosure; Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YGPM..........If you think that my price is even remotely close to being high, go visit one of your local car audio shops and ask for a quote for a box for 4 subs. It will be north of $200 I almost guarantee it.

pensacol is offline ?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I didn't think it was high at all. I will get the informtaion you asked for and PM you with it.

Thanks.

Closed Thread