Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Box for 2 15" L7s

jrz126 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Box for 2 15" L7s

I'm thinking about buying a couple 15" L7's, but I want to figure out a box design before I get the subs. Once I have the subs, I'll probably rush through the box design just to get the subs in there.

I measured my trunk yesterday and I came up with this design:

There will be another sub on other side, I was using that Google Sketchup program and it was a PITA to use.
    The arms for the trunk lid limit the width in the back to 35" so I had to shape the box like that.
    I'm still working on the port area/length calculations. I just wanted to make sure the overall design is ok?

my latest completed project. My new work in progress, (62 leds in the roof) check out my cardomain site at http://www.cardomain.com/id/jrz126 (page 2)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Box for 2 15" L7s

Well after some more measuring, it turns out that I only have 33" to work with if I want the subs to face the rear of the trunk. Which doesnt leave any room for the ports. I was kinda thinking of doing something like in the pic.

This a good idea? or should I just have the ports fire out the sides?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Box for 2 15" L7s-box.jpg  

my latest completed project. My new work in progress, (62 leds in the roof) check out my cardomain site at http://www.cardomain.com/id/jrz126 (page 2)

itzme218 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

good luck fitting 2 15 L7s in a trunk. It was a PITA to fit my 1 15L7 in my trunk, I have to remove the seats to get the box in then mount the sub and so fourth

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I came up with this design :
    I'm only getting 2.75 cubes per sub though. I might be able to increase it, but I dunno if I'll be able to fit in the trunk once its built.

Whats the best way to check if the box will fit? mockup using cardboard?

Closed Thread