Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: box build

Airman21 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

box build

looking for a GOOD box builder around my area.. looking for a 7 net cube box for 2 15" mags tuned to 28htz... it will be going into a 98 olds bravada.. anyway here are the measurements i got

36" wide
    31" length
    19" high if that is to much room i will have this be the one that is changed so i can see better out the back window

98 Bravada

Quote Originally Posted by Twistid View Post
    huh? oh ya, thats my number! give me as many calls as you like! infact you can post it on gay meeting websites for late nite butt secks
    Originally Posted by Ed Lester
    I am gonna use my computer for what it was designed for and thats to download P0rn.
    REF- Schism13 (trade), 6spdcoupe (bought), 32tl (bought), thunder9500 (bought), 3.5Max6spd (bought), Blackbonnie (bought), rpfuror (built me a box), Iggster (bought),nitro_freak1 (bought), M3NTAL (bought)

rpfuror is offline sound envy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: box build

how would you like the driver and port to face, back?? I'll put together a design for you.

**rpfuror_designs**
    ** Ask me about box design and construction **

Build: bigmike8771, bama350z, nismos14, speedyg76, onnoff7, orioles26, Airman21

Design: RFmustang, e22s, Platestacker45, lilgator, diminishedpower, hannibal05

Buy/Sell: 00maxima, Flyhalf, CaliforniabOY5, angrytrucker78, shawnfleming, dre2390 , IM IN HERE, Spellman, LazyRider, mikescanlon, AZ-ss, BLD 25, x1le woofercooker, Twisted_0912

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i was thinkin port and subs facing roof so they are not so close to that back gate

98 Bravada

huh? oh ya, thats my number! give me as many calls as you like! infact you can post it on gay meeting websites for late nite butt secks
    I am gonna use my computer for what it was designed for and thats to download P0rn.
    REF- Schism13 (trade), 6spdcoupe (bought), 32tl (bought), thunder9500 (bought), 3.5Max6spd (bought), Blackbonnie (bought), rpfuror (built me a box), Iggster (bought),nitro_freak1 (bought), M3NTAL (bought)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

kk, I'll put something together.

**rpfuror_designs**

Buy/Sell: 00maxima, Flyhalf, CaliforniabOY5, angrytrucker78, shawnfleming, dre2390 , IM IN HERE, Spellman, LazyRider, mikescanlon, AZ-ss, BLD 25, x1le woofercooker, Twisted_0912

onnoff7 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

rpfuror is the man. does good job and helpful : )

Refs: Toxic Tuan, XaznKewLguyX, Trez0r, rpfuror... more too lazy to list

Durango
    HU-kenwood
    comp-slc 265
    amp-kenwood
    sub- idmax
    amp- audison
    box- 2.8cf @ 28hz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks onnoff7...

I can get it to work to you specs based on the driver parameters w/ double baffle and bracing subs up port back (side slot port). It going to be hard to do both up. Will this work.. how much room do you have with the 31 depth?

**rpfuror_designs**

JoeRa22 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Id really advise against both the port and the sub up.

My buddy has the same car and had his subs/ports facing back and they got loud. He decided to try and face the box up to see how it sounded and ended up blowing one of the subs cause he turned it up too high trying to make it sound like it was before.

There was a lot fewer less rattles though, but that came with a serious decrease in bass.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well i would have 37 but the back seats are angled so i have 31 unless you want to angle the back of the box to fit to the angle of the seats it would give us a little more space... the 31 is the usable space i have it goes all the way to the back gate

98 Bravada

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok well then play with the #s some i can always increase the hight 1 or 2" so that i would have more room in the rear... i would prefer the port facing the back but with the length being 31 thats pretty much all the space unless you want to angle the back where the seats are so that will save some more room for the port in the back

98 Bravada

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Something like this.

7@28Hz w/86.6 sq/in of port.

**rpfuror_designs**

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can angle the back, but that is not going to help get you the volume you need.

If you usable depth is 31 then you want the port to be @ about the 26" mark.

I don't recommend you facing the port up, you most likely won't get the area (in port of driver volume) this way....

How about firing out the side?

**rpfuror_designs**

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that looks good but that would only give me like 1" of air movment before it hits my back gate.... could you maybe raise it 1 or 2" and angle the back so that i have more room for the gate area

98 Bravada

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what ever you think will sound good i am game... remember this will be my first system so i am pretty easy going as long as it is going to hit hard and deep...

98 Bravada

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Airman21 View Post
    that looks good but that would only give me like 1" of air movment before it hits my back gate.... could you maybe raise it 1 or 2" and angle the back so that i have more room for the gate area
    I'll see what I can do.

**rpfuror_designs**

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Same specs as before but with angle... it lease you plenty of space for the port.

This would be an interesting job

**rpfuror_designs**

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast