Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Trunk setup idea.

vsynergy is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Trunk setup idea.

I've been wanting to build a false trunk wall and false floor for a while, but wasn't too sure how it'd affect my sub output.

Here's what I got planned: two Alpine R's in an aero'd enclosure, and the ports are gonna be on the box's side, shooting to the side of the car and not the rear. This will allow air to move into the small 8'' hole where my factory sub used to be. The subs will face towards the rear. And of course there will be the wall.

How does this sound? Do you guys think it'll sound wierd set up like this? Should I point the aeros right into the 8'' hole?

spoonraker is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Trunk setup idea.

Unless you completely seal off the trunk, trunk cars usually sound better (and louder) with sub and port firing toward the rear.

References : chaunb3400, Team H&K, diminishedpower, pickup1, sublime06, sporty_drew, JRock10, Jando86, sundownz

skeptikal is offline Hold the wheel and drive

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spoonraker View Post
    Unless you completely seal off the trunk, trunk cars usually sound better (and louder) with sub and port firing toward the rear.
    not in my car..

sub up and port forward ftw!

back at it...

smd4life is offline NOTHING ABOUT MEADE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skeptikal View Post
    not in my car..

sub up and port forward ftw!
    thanks for the useless post

i plan on firing 4 10" subs up at my back glass mounted on the back deck, ported through the weedeater hole in my rear seat, with the amps mounted in a wall in the trunk

Quote Originally Posted by thevic24 View Post
    And with this.....I will use this as an excuse to drink another beer....
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    Ref's:memphissoul4u, scottiej(x3), bassaddictj, jeepinTN(x2), Blados,lincolnls(slc720052), ssbogger, stuckinok(x2), matrxx dude, BoostedPontiac, fintheman, dbornotdb, mr. tibbs, lakota, iceteebone, WantedIsHere(HypnoticCure), Cahm Rohn, Bring97, Brian Owens, snoopysnooper, sdsport92064, annarbor84, tv559, RetroAudioinc, FJF, 01 S 10, oddiofile, stupify

Closed Thread