Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Want The best & exact box specs. Best suitted for you and your sub?

Eclipsed ION is offline Full A/V & Nav Experience

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Want The best & exact box specs. Best suitted for you and your sub?

Needed - (Sub Make and Model Number) please be exact eg. instead of (Type-r) (please say Alpine Type R SWR-1242D) and how many

would you like high spl (desired SPL??please give) or extened low-freq. bass

Remember: High SPL has a Higher Tuning Freq. Resulting in Higher Cut-off Freq. Please Be very specific about how (loud) and (responsive) you want it to be

your approx. box dimenions or largest possible.

Ported or sealed or bandpass.

(if ported, slots or round ports? and how many you want)(desired Tuning Freq.)

Subwoofer Wiring.

Would you like to follow comp recomendations for box type and size? or do you want your own?
    Last edited by Eclipsed ION; 04-14-2007 at 06:32 PM.

HU - Eclipse - AVN7000 HDD NAVI ,Amps - JBL BPX 1100.1 - GTO75.4II, Interior Speaks - Eclipse, 8365 3-way comp (Front & Rear), 6.5" Woofer - Solid Aluminum Cone, 1.5" Midrange - Solid Aluminum Hard Dome - Ferro-Fluid Cooling, 0.75" Tweeter - Solid Aluminum Hard Dome -Ferro-Fluid Cooling, 8262 2-way comp(Center), 6.5" Woofer - Mica filled polypropylene injection cone, 1" Tweeter - Solid Aluminum Hard Dome - Ferro-Fluid Cooling, Subs - Eclipse SW9122, 2- 12" Titanium Subs, 2 Eclipse MRE-700 Headrest Monitors w/ Eclipse Wireless Headphones, PS2 w/ Logitech Wireless Controllers, SIRIUS, HD Radio, TV Tuner, iPOD + Movies on iPOD, Eclipse-DCU105 A/V Matrix / Sig Proc.<current mods>

killahsharksjc is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Want The best & exact box specs. Best suitted for you and your sub?

2 10W6v2d4 ported 34 wide 14 tall 18 deep SQL

Immacomputer is offline Cloud disappear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There should also be a vehicle option as well.

In my '99 Integra hatch, with my 12" Acoustic Elegance av12, I have found that 2.2 cubic feet at 32hz has worked the best for low frequency extension and smooth response up to about 70hz.

In my Integra hatch, with my 12" Image Dynamics IDQ D2 v2, I have found that 1.5 cubic feet tuned to 30hz worked really nice for a flat frequency response down to 30hz and up to about 100hz with excellent transients.

Video 1
    I may make you feel but I can't make you think.
    Your sperm's in the gutter -- your love's in the sink.
    Video 2

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immacomputer View Post
    There should also be a vehicle option as well.

In my '99 Integra hatch, with my Acoustic Elegance av12, I have found that 2.2 cubic feet at 32hz has worked the best for low frequency extension and smooth response up to about 70hz.

In my Integra hatch, with my Image Dynamics IDQ D2 v2, I have found that 1.5 cubic feet tuned to 30hz worked really nice for a flat frequency response down to 30hz and up to about 100hz with excellent transients.
    Note: Diff Drivers, Box Sizes, and Tuning Freq.

We Are going for Subwoofer Specific Enclosures.
    (Can also give Good X-Over Range for HP/LP Filter) For Sub/Box Design
    If you want a Subwoofer Specific Enclosure then hit me up. Vehicle Specific is totally different. Im not building the boxes.

HU - Eclipse - AVN7000 HDD NAVI ,Amps - JBL BPX 1100.1 - GTO75.4II, Interior Speaks - Eclipse, 8365 3-way comp (Front & Rear), 6.5" Woofer - Solid Aluminum Cone, 1.5" Midrange - Solid Aluminum Hard Dome - Ferro-Fluid Cooling, 0.75" Tweeter - Solid Aluminum Hard Dome -Ferro-Fluid Cooling, 8262 2-way comp(Center), 6.5" Woofer - Mica filled polypropylene injection cone, 1" Tweeter - Solid Aluminum Hard Dome - Ferro-Fluid Cooling, Subs - Eclipse SW9122, 2- 12" Titanium Subs, 2 Eclipse MRE-700 Headrest Monitors w/ Eclipse Wireless Headphones, PS2 w/ Logitech Wireless Controllers, SIRIUS, HD Radio, TV Tuner, iPOD + Movies on iPOD, Eclipse-DCU105 A/V Matrix / Sig Proc.<current mods>

Immacomputer is offline Cloud disappear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Haha, I misunderstood the thread. I thought you were wanting our own experiences for what we liked the best, not what we wanted.

I don't need any designs; I'm more than capable of doing that on my own.

Video 1
    I may make you feel but I can't make you think.
    Your sperm's in the gutter -- your love's in the sink.
    Video 2

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok then. I never said u weren't. But you know some people like to get input on things so i figured since i have this expensive software I may as well help people out. nothing wrong with that. (im not saying ur saying there is)

iamamp3pimp is offline Bass Heads Entertainment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

cleaned up

www.BassHeadsENT.net for all your custom enclosure needs
    Offering build service and expertise in the Tampa area as well as enclosures shipped nationwide!
    Robin@BassHeadsENT.net

Check this thread for all the build logs being posted.
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/suppo...ks-thread.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iamamp3pimp View Post
    but in another thread your asking about getting the port length of a box done for you from someone here.

this doesnt make sense.
    Where?

iamamp3pimp is offline Bass Heads Entertainment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

fix that, im sorry dude, i got you confused woth the OP of the thread "I need this box built today"

My bad.

what software do you have?

www.BassHeadsENT.net for all your custom enclosure needs
    Offering build service and expertise in the Tampa area as well as enclosures shipped nationwide!
    Robin@BassHeadsENT.net

Check this thread for all the build logs being posted.
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/suppo...ks-thread.html

orioles26 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

two Alpine Type R SWR-1242D 33Wx13Hx28D. Slot ported to 37 hz with one port, looking for spl.

bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 12" DMX12 Stage 2's ported for daily driving. Max width 40" max height 13" 60/40 spl/sq

Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orioles26 View Post
    two Alpine Type R SWR-1242D 33Wx13Hx28D. Slot ported to 37 hz with one port, looking for spl.
    Port: 11.5 (H) x 3 (W) x 8.80602924524359 (D)

Port Materials.

2 - Sides - 11.5" (H) x 0.75" (thick)(W) x 8.26696343779791 (D)

Tuned @ 37Hz Cut-Off Freq. - 29.94Hz

always remember to round-off port edges.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bonesninja View Post
    2 12" DMX12 Stage 2's ported for daily driving. Max width 40" max height 13" 60/40 spl/sq
    mono 4 ? mono 1 ? Dual 2 ? Quad 1?

bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipsed ION View Post
    mono 4 ? mono 1 ? Dual 2 ? Quad 1?
    oops sorry man quad 1 ohm

if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bonesninja View Post
    oops sorry man quad 1 ohm
    oops.... lol and how are you wiring this quad 1?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast