Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dodge Charger is a sound sponge and i need some ideas

I have a 2007 Dodge Charger that i am trying to put in 4 kicker cvr12's. I have approx. 8.8 cu ft to work with without doing a 5 sided box and using the spare tire well. What is killing me is that this car is a death dealer to subbass. I am running an Exile 1200 monoblock amp on the 4 of them at a 2 ohm load and it sounds like crap. I had the same thing in my pickup and it would knock your lungs loose. Every stereo shop that i have talked to about it says they have had trouble with the Chargers too. I have tried 4 different boxes. Upfire didn't work at all. Just shook the deck lid off the hinges. Tried to backfire with 2 12's and output was better but sofar i am using 2 firing forward into the rear seat. It sounds ok i guess but i have four and want four installed. Anyone with any clue as to what to do would be great. I am just getting tired of trial and error with this one.

hypnotiq is offline Beatin down the block..

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Dodge Charger is a sound sponge and i need some ideas

that trunks gonna sound like crap.. my buddy that works with my has 3 cvrs in his trunk (sealed box) all facing the trunk.. sounds good inside.. but the outside.. YUCK!

"You can always tell a deep bump from a cheap bump."- Hypnotiq

h17250x is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is the thought i had that i was going to try next out of sheer desperation. I am going to have to gut the trunk which has the battery fusebox and spare and relocate it all somewhere else so i can still access it all after i finish the install. I was thinking about fiberglassing in a 5 sided 4th order bandpass box, dynamatting the sheet metal inside the box to use all available space i have got and firing the port up through the hole in the deck lid where there was a factory 8" sub kindof bypassing the trunk altogether. I was wondering if anyone has attempted that and knew if it was worth all the trouble. I have put it off until last because it will cost me around $300 for supplies and will take a while to make that all work. I have done some challenging installs but this one is kicking my butt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

THe 10w7 I have in my trunk sounds pretty good. It's not going to set off a car alarm but that wasn't what I was looking for. I've got more pics if u wanna take a look.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Closed Thread

User Tag List