Closed Thread

Reload Thread: got measurement's

audiobahnuser18 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

got measurement's

Hey guy's i finally got the right measurement's of my trunk.

Here it is

Trunk Length is 28 inches

Trunk width is 34 3/4 inches

I have plans to build this vented box will that box fit in my trunk. here's the other specification's of that box.
    Face 33 x 14
    Back 36 x 14
    Side A 14 x 14
    Side B 14 x 14
    Top 15 x 36
    Bottom 15 x 36
    Port A 13 x 14
    Port B 2 x 14
    with 4.1 cubes of air space.

if i do have room for this box could someone make me a cut sheet my neighbor will be helping me build this box and was asking if i could get a cut sheet. in exchange i could do photoshop work for you logo's wallpaper sig's etc....... please respond.

Refs
    Bigjon47 , JohnnyBussa , Mike Dressure , BTLking , Myjaja , Tapout , prowler573 , mommyvan , R-sosa , Audio Master , 95BlackGA , wu501 , Nismos14 , HawaiianBassHed , ECS23 , Bagged96Chevy, Donpisto , the other mike kmanian bumpin buick dumple wrench , guy , blazinb2000 , teen , phl1ser , Loud3 , Plyer3 , LazyRider , Jk32sho , MacQ32
    TreZ0r Is a lieing piece of sh*t scum bag SCAMMER!!!!

REBUILDING IT ALL
    REFS:http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353034

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: got measurement's

Anyone ? Please would really appericate the help.

Refs
    Bigjon47 , JohnnyBussa , Mike Dressure , BTLking , Myjaja , Tapout , prowler573 , mommyvan , R-sosa , Audio Master , 95BlackGA , wu501 , Nismos14 , HawaiianBassHed , ECS23 , Bagged96Chevy, Donpisto , the other mike kmanian bumpin buick dumple wrench , guy , blazinb2000 , teen , phl1ser , Loud3 , Plyer3 , LazyRider , Jk32sho , MacQ32

REBUILDING IT ALL

lost1700 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiobahnuser18 View Post
    Hey guy's i finally got the right measurement's of my trunk.

Here it is

Trunk Length is 28 inches

Trunk width is 34 3/4 inches

I have plans to build this vented box will that box fit in my trunk. here's the other specification's of that box.
    Face 33 x 14
    Back 36 x 14
    Side A 14 x 14
    Side B 14 x 14
    Top 15 x 36
    Bottom 15 x 36
    Port A 13 x 14
    Port B 2 x 14
    with 4.1 cubes of air space.

if i do have room for this box could someone make me a cut sheet my neighbor will be helping me build this box and was asking if i could get a cut sheet. in exchange i could do photoshop work for you logo's wallpaper sig's etc....... please respond.
    I am not a pro, but from basic math that box does not look like it would fit.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

K thx i kinda need to know if i do or not like exatcly anyone else?

Refs

REBUILDING IT ALL

bholtmeier is offline Holtskill

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok for one, your max width in your trunk is 34 3/4 inches, that box is 36 inches wide? DUH??

And for 2, whats the depth of the opening? Thats one of the biggest things in seeing if you can fit your sub box in or not..If your depth on the opening is less than 15 3/4, you couldn't even fit it if the width was 34 3/4.

If your width on your trunk is 36 inches wide, and the depth is less than 15 3/4, and the max height is less than 16. Then your good (Which doesn't appear to be the case) it's not really complicated bro..

And uh,, dont need noone else to do the cut - out sheet for ya, it's all right there man. Just do it yourself. Easy as can be. but don't be doin that till you design a new box

Refs:
    Patfitz9,Farkel,PowerNAudio,Qtrhorse,theCybe,Kicke R_TauruS,SWEET06CAMRY, mike dressure,vernisog, Racerx250, iceteebone

Camaro Box build tutorial

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217344

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah sorry man im not good at measurement's at all , and this is the first time i will be building a vented box only kinda i've ever built was sealed. im not sure bout this what you asked here though whats the depth of the opening? how do i measure that out?

Refs

REBUILDING IT ALL

j3bus2k3 is offline Si vis pacem, para bellum

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The biggest thing people overlook, and I've seen it a couple times, is not so much how big of a box your trunk can fit...but how big of a box your trunk opening will allow....

AIM: SPL Performance1
    /////Alpine 9835
    Active Processing via Coustic XM7
    Dayton 7" Mid-woofer with Seas Neo Tweet
    JBL/Crown 1100 & Power 300.4
    12" TC3000 Based Custom in 2.25ft^3 at 32hz

Wallet say But I say

References:Moe Lester, PV Audio, sss18734, DJ-Torn, dleccord, jiggy2dmax, Negativezeroz, Bama350z, TeamPSI, dB Dom, Kenny Pollock, Flossinon24s, Patfitz9 (x2), AppleBonker, BassAddictJ, the727kid, skadude016, CaliKid, Thumper88, Djman37, TeamQuakeCelica, Cerob, Pimpedout97x, Troy_Audi0, got_focus?, Karleon, Jamaica2G, rtillare, dumple, JohnnyBusa, mattmcss, whitem1ke88, nineball

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh that true j3 i did forget about that but how would i be able to measure that? i got lincoln mark vii if that help's any.

Refs

REBUILDING IT ALL

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I did tests in steps. I made a cardboard piece of the same height and width and try to see if I could get it in. If it didn't fit easily, then I changed dimensions. If it did fit, I built a frame out of 2x2's to the exact dimensions to do a test fit. That test frame costs a whole $5...

/////Alpine 9835

Wallet say But I say

References:Moe Lester, PV Audio, sss18734, DJ-Torn, dleccord, jiggy2dmax, Negativezeroz, Bama350z, TeamPSI, dB Dom, Kenny Pollock, Flossinon24s, Patfitz9 (x2), AppleBonker, BassAddictJ, the727kid, skadude016, CaliKid, Thumper88, Djman37, TeamQuakeCelica, Cerob, Pimpedout97x, Troy_Audi0, got_focus?, Karleon, Jamaica2G, rtillare, dumple, JohnnyBusa, mattmcss, whitem1ke88, nineball

mazdakid is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

cut the pieces of wood and just put the box together inside your trunk, easy way to get past the opening dilemma

traded-pickup1, power-fanatic07, fbi90909
    sold to-superspank, dumple, JoeRa22, sub-FATHER, TrlcKed_OuT, rosrock, dcole18, RaiN, BassAddictJ, tommyk90, MANTI5, Micah_Jones, mrflamboynt, g6ryder, rebelfromva, n8skow

bluelceii is offline SH0WTIME

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j3bus2k3 View Post
    The biggest thing people overlook, and I've seen it a couple times, is not so much how big of a box your trunk can fit...but how big of a box your trunk opening will allow....
    that's why the box i designed is only 14" high even though my trunk is prolly like... 22" high

Quote Originally Posted by babaganoush123 View Post
    jl w7. period best sub ever created.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluelceii View Post
    that's why the box i designed is only 14" high even though my trunk is prolly like... 22" high
    My trunk could do 20" tall and 40" wide and about 36" deep....but the biggest I could fit after many many tests was 13.5" tall, 34" wide, and 22.5" deep. My trunk opening was TINY. And going in from the back seat was impossible; giant metal x-brace...

/////Alpine 9835

Wallet say But I say

Closed Thread