Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Sealed off or deadened trunk...

Fast1one is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sealed off or deadened trunk...

What do you guys think would give me the best bass response/loudness? One option is totally deaden the trunk with the sub firing to the rear, Ski hole and rear deck would be the source of the sound. The other option is to seal off the trunk with the cabin and fire the sub through the ski hole only, seal off the rear deck and use the rest of the sound deadening for the cabin instead. Ideas?

Im sure it all depends on the car (98 Nissan maxima) But maybe you guys have some experience in this.

Thanks...

References: Lax916, AcidicDreams , Altima98 , mr Tibbs, Majette, giantgloworm, mattmcss, riogigalo, mysilver02alty, Woc47, Hintzyboy, oglejust, APitBullT, foreman, jhubbell, tmcilroy, pioneerpimp, Dre_ATL

Plus a ton more I never added, lol. If you are not on the list and you had a pleasant transaction with me, PM me!!!

jmanpc is offline CA.com Nostalgist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Sealed off or deadened trunk...

My friend has a pair of Comp 10s in the back of his 95 maxima and they sound fine just firing back, and the trunk isn't deadened. I highly recommend deadening, but it sounded fine.

2007 Red Ford Focus ZX4 SE
    - Clarion DXZ955MC -
    - MB Quart RSD216 - 2 MB Quart RWE-354 in 4 cubic feet sealed -
    - MB Quart DSC4125 - Audiopipe AP1500.1D - Optima Blue Top -

Team High Sexage

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmanpc View Post
    My friend has a pair of Comp 10s in the back of his 95 maxima and they sound fine just firing back, and the trunk isn't deadened. I highly recommend deadening, but it sounded fine.
    Yeah thats how I have mine....I think I may try sealing it off though, it would be easier in some respects and I could use sound deadening somewhere else, plus that maxima rear deck is a ***** to stop the rattle...

References: Lax916, AcidicDreams , Altima98 , mr Tibbs, Majette, giantgloworm, mattmcss, riogigalo, mysilver02alty, Woc47, Hintzyboy, oglejust, APitBullT, foreman, jhubbell, tmcilroy, pioneerpimp, Dre_ATL

Plus a ton more I never added, lol. If you are not on the list and you had a pleasant transaction with me, PM me!!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any more Opinions? I think Im just going to go ahead and seal off the trunk. There will be around 6 inches of space between the sub/port. and the backseat/ski hole....

Closed Thread