Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 4th Order Bandpass Design

rpfuror is offline sound envy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4th Order Bandpass Design

I recently purchased and received in trade a couple drivers that I want to use to play around with box design.

The first of which is going to be a 10" assassin that I have designed a 4th order bandpass around.

The Calculated Passband is ~ 30 – 90 Hz @ 2.5 dB Gain

I am going to see how this works out with a front firing labyrinth port design, I thought at least it would be a cool box to build and maybe before the driver smokes I can get some output results.

Let me know what you guys think about the design, if it makes sense I start build in a week and post the work log here.

Check it out:

**rpfuror_designs**
    ** Ask me about box design and construction **

Build: bigmike8771, bama350z, nismos14, speedyg76, onnoff7, orioles26, Airman21

Design: RFmustang, e22s, Platestacker45, lilgator, diminishedpower, hannibal05

Buy/Sell: 00maxima, Flyhalf, CaliforniabOY5, angrytrucker78, shawnfleming, dre2390 , IM IN HERE, Spellman, LazyRider, mikescanlon, AZ-ss, BLD 25, x1le woofercooker, Twisted_0912

PowerNaudio is offline the power of audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 4th Order Bandpass Design

with the labyrinth style port you're going to have to make the port shorter to hit the targeted tuning or it will be allot lower then you expect. unless you already took that into consideration.

AIM:powernaudio,yahoo:powernaudio,email address: powernaudio at gmail.com contact me if you need any help.

Portafolio
    builds
    more builds
    saturn l300 build
    videos

References:Mr.Loki,dubbinjet,trucktoy,fancynapkin, netherland,Datdudedru,hockey1playa33,
    donbon86,PhatTonyDeMar,Saywhat?,vosschs,ChuckKlock er,budlightman361,baseballer1100,elslug,
    bdogg321,projectpat06,eatank,BodegaBay,playboyclic ,cbrrocketrdr,iwanturmags,pboulos,DaBeholder,
    bholtmeier,beatthis27,OldManTod,MTXman,Gianotti.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeap, That's already taken into consideration, I have built several labyrinth boxes. What I posted is the final design:

Here are the specs:
    Port Tuning Freq = 57Hz
    Volume of the ported area = .47 cu/ft
    Volume of the sealed area = .61 cu/ft

**rpfuror_designs**

Buy/Sell: 00maxima, Flyhalf, CaliforniabOY5, angrytrucker78, shawnfleming, dre2390 , IM IN HERE, Spellman, LazyRider, mikescanlon, AZ-ss, BLD 25, x1le woofercooker, Twisted_0912

Goldtaz1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have asked the question before, but is there a bandpass for dummies tutorial somewhere? I have the spreadsheeet that you can download from www.diysubwoofers.org and I just simply don't understand how to interpret the data in order to actually come up with a design for the enclosure. Is there a simple method to designing the actual box or can someone teach me how to interpret the output data?

HU: Sony Xplod MP80
    Highs and Mids:
    Infinity Kappa series 63.5i
    Infinity Kappa series 572.5cf

Subs: (3) Incriminator Audio DP 15's
    Sub amps: (2) Crunch GP3000D Pro's

This one is ridiculously LOUD !

References: Bamaboy, AZ-ss, 9512ds, and DRCKISS

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I built a speadsheet to give me outputs based on the drivers parameters. But really its relitive to how you interperet the outputs. I would start by playing with WinIsd.

You can read up a little on carstereo.com also to give you an idea of where to start.

**rpfuror_designs**

Closed Thread